Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175068 times)

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #180 on: May 22, 2018, 04:39:55 PM »
Will we finally have Six Flags Frontier City?

http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/05-22-2018-210951050

In the past Frontier City was never included as part of the Six Flags season passes.....I’m hoping they will change that this time around.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #181 on: May 22, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
Not sure what to make of this... I doubt they will bring the SF branding here, similar to last time, but the pass benefits will be nice for us.

The park has been on such a good track for the last decade. Sure, it's been frustrating waiting for something "big", but the incremental improvements can't be overlooked. It felt like they were on the cusp of something big. I guess that's part of being setup for sale by these REITs though. They were always going to be stingy with the cap.ex. spending.

I just don't want FC to languish again... feels like watching a friend get back with their ex...

If they kick this off with a big new expansion next year though, that would be amazing.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2018, 05:25:30 PM »
I can't believe it like History repeats itself.  I can't wait to go on Saturday talk with some of the managers get their take on this whole transaction.  I pray it's a good thing something major gets added to this park.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #183 on: May 22, 2018, 05:51:08 PM »
Will we finally have Six Flags Frontier City?

http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2018/05-22-2018-210951050

In the past Frontier City was never included as part of the Six Flags season passes.....I’m hoping they will change that this time around.

Jay

Actually it WAS included in the Six Flags pass program, at least in 2004.  We drove across the country when we moved from CA to Florida and FC was one of our stops- and one that we most certainly used our Six Flags passes to get into on that day.  But I think they only did that for a couple of the years that they were part of the chain as a whole, and that most years it wasn't included.

it is rather interesting to see it and Darien Lake become part of Six Flags again.  Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #184 on: May 22, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »
Well it’s not really “again” as it was owned by Premier then and then Premier bought the Six Flags parks.  This is a dramaticly different company.  I would imagine it’ll be called Frontier City a Six Flags Park.  Now the water park might  get branded a Hurricane Harbor. 
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 22, 2018, 11:00:03 PM »
Well it’s not really “again” as it was owned by Premier then and then Premier bought the Six Flags parks.  This is a dramaticly different company.  I would imagine it’ll be called Frontier City a Six Flags Park.  Now the water park might  get branded a Hurricane Harbor.

I think White Water Bay will keep it's name if you look at the Logo at this White Water Bay in OKC and the one used at Fiesta Texas it's the same logo. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2018, 12:35:09 AM »

I think White Water Bay will keep it's name if you look at the Logo at this White Water Bay in OKC and the one used at Fiesta Texas it's the same logo.

Except for the fact that they recently branded the water park in Concord as Hurricane Harbor.  I feel they are streamlining their portfolio.  I could see the SFFT water park also changing over
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2018, 05:25:26 PM »
According to NewsOK website Six Flags paid 23 million dollars to lease the 5 parks.  I'm still curious too see what they do with both Frontier City and White Water Bay.  Part of me is I'm afraid they will treat the park like a stepchild of the chain like it was last time it was under the Six Flags name.  Same with White Water Bay.  The other part of me is super excited maybe this time around will they expand both parks and grow it too fit the OKC Metro rapid booming economy.  Only time will tell but I'm happy to not having to buy two separate season pass it will save me more money in the long run.  I know it's business as usual this season. 

https://newsok.com/article/5595671/six-flags-discloses-price-tag-for-amusement-park-leases

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »
Well FC is not La Ronde so you don’t have to worry about being the stepchild of the chain.  If anything look at what they’ve been adding to the other parks here lately and I imagine that’s what you can expect here in the future. 
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2018, 09:03:10 PM »
Attack of the clones!...  I wouldn't be hurt if they add a tower ride a Skyscreamer or a Drop tower.  Coaster wise if they add a S&S Freespin,  Skyline Skywarp,  or even a RMC Raptor Track coaster.  Even some of the flats they have added to parks like a Zamperla Endeavor or a Giant Discovery Ride also by Zamperla.  It would be nice too see a clone. Please keep it a Wild West themed park.  DO NOT bring in DC comics or Looney tunes. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 26, 2018, 08:45:40 AM »
Attack of the clones!...  I wouldn't be hurt if they add a tower ride a Skyscreamer or a Drop tower.  Coaster wise if they add a S&S Freespin,  Skyline Skywarp,  or even a RMC Raptor Track coaster.  Even some of the flats they have added to parks like a Zamperla Endeavor or a Giant Discovery Ride also by Zamperla.  It would be nice too see a clone. Please keep it a Wild West themed park.  DO NOT bring in DC comics or Looney tunes.

Aren’t they adding a drop tower this year?

I think it’s inevitable that DC/LT will show up at the park.  Maybe the kiddie area can be rethemed to LT?
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #191 on: May 26, 2018, 04:40:51 PM »
Magic Springs is getting the drop tower this year. Personally, I think it would be huge if we could get a copy of it next year.

FC is at the point where ANYTHING new is very welcome. The new zipline thing looks kinda tacky, but at least it's something new.

A clone coaster like an Iron Shark would go over extremely well here.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2018, 07:18:40 PM »
Do they have a disk-o yet?  That’s probably a good guess on what’s coming
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 27, 2018, 10:15:51 PM »
Do they have a disk-o yet?  That’s probably a good guess on what’s coming

The new Zip line doesn't look at all tacky it fits the area of the park. The riders will glide over main street and one end pretty close to guests underneath.  I saw it this weekend going to be a very popular attraction especially if they are going to have a 5 dollar up charge.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 27, 2018, 10:19:33 PM »
OH and no more media circus events with Silver Bullet. The Park has now over the past few weeks installed a brand new cat walk that extends over the lift hill.  So they can now easily evacuate the ride safely without having to have the Fire Department harness guests and have them climb over seats.