Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175176 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #105 on: June 30, 2016, 08:32:51 PM »
You should see local media.  I happen to be in OKC now, and they're covering it like its an attack on the homeland.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 30, 2016, 09:24:27 PM »
You would think OKC would know better.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2016, 12:33:55 AM »
They don't:  everything is sensationalized.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

CoasterWrangler

• Central Plains Coaster Club Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2016, 06:56:41 PM »
Hello SDC Fans! Paul here from Central Plains Coaster Club. I wanted to let you guys know about our event at Frontier City this year. The event is called Ride For A Cure Day. We will he raising money for Muscular Dystrophy Association here in Oklahoma City, OK. The money earned will be used to pay for kids camp experiences, Medical Equipment and more provided through MDA. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at cpcoasterclub@gmail.com. I would love it if you guys came out and enjoyed this day with us and it's a great way to have a good time for a good cause doing something we all enjoy!!

www.centralplainscoasterclub.com/events

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2016, 08:31:23 PM »
Sounds good to me. So to be clear: we don't have to be a member to participate, just show up and buy a shirt and/or raffle ticket?

CoasterWrangler

• Central Plains Coaster Club Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »
You got it! This is a PUBLIC EVENT. The event is run by our club but is a public event and is open to anyone who wants to come!

Paul Davis
CPCC President
www.centralplainscoasterclub.com

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2016, 10:31:10 AM »
You got it! This is a PUBLIC EVENT. The event is run by our club but is a public event and is open to anyone who wants to come!

Paul Davis
CPCC President
www.centralplainscoasterclub.com

So, again, no secret handshake required ;D

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2016, 08:01:32 AM »
Got a new owner, an REIT based out of Kansas City called EPR Properties bought CNL Lifestyle's theme and water park portfolio.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 08:10:02 AM by chittlins »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2016, 07:00:37 PM »
I'm really curious what their investment strategy will be going forward. CNL was understandably restrained on big capital investments since they were looking to sell, but from my understanding of REITs they are all pretty tight on the pocket book in any case. Perhaps we'll see a little more investment, but still not quite as much as if they were sold to an actual operator?

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2016, 07:44:02 PM »
From what I understand by looking at this new company EPR they actually invest in companies well known in the entertainment industry.  Some of the companies they help financially back is Schlitterbahn Resorts, Top Golf Entertainment and AMC Movie Theater Chain here in the U.S. 

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2017, 11:01:05 PM »
Frontier City has a new attraction they have started teasing this past week.  Sunday they posted a couple of photo on their FB page with the caption "All this snow might just melt into something we can use this summer... " To add onto the group two days before that on the Central Plains Coaster Club FB page Michael Shwitek posted a photo of 3 blind mice. with the caption.."Hhhmmm... " on that post in the comments another Manager posted a photo of another manager in Renegade Rapids with a hard hat on post it note in hand pointing towards the S.W. part of the park Wilcat area. So what does all these clues mean?  There will be more clues after I asked them in the comments section of inital post with the two photos. I'm guessing they will be expanding Wild West Water Works and possibly putting in a ride on the dry side.  Waiting for more clue to be posted I expect more to be posted later this week.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2017, 11:37:12 PM »
 This is my personal guess not the actual new attraction.  My guesses by the clues is the 3 blind mice refer to a 3 slide trap door slide structure.  That is my guess. There is rumors that it will go into the area where Eruption once stood and that a lazy River will also be added to connect the play structure of Wild West Water Works with new Slide Structure. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2017, 11:50:40 PM »
Interesting. Definitely hinting at a water attraction I think, which the park sorely needs more of. Just think how many weekends during peak season the park sees 100 degree weather. I don't know if I really see them adding thrill slides to this park though since they have White Water...

The log ride just doesn't have enough capacity to keep up, and WWW is for kids. So the river rapids is the last ride I would expect to see them mess with. It's also honestly one of the best that is still around seeing as it has some really nice theming. Then again it's also probably expensive, takes up a lot of real estate, and I could see it having worse ridership than it should due to how hidden it is within the park.

Years ago I said that what I would suggest is taking out the go-karts and putting in a splash battle. That would be a great compliment to the rapids and provide a much needed family water ride with high capacity and engagement for kids. That was back when the go-karts barely functioned though, and now I'm sure they are pretty profitable.

I think what I want most right now is for them to totally overhaul Wildcat though. Just a complete GCII rebuild where they tear down the return run and start over. Or even just retire the whole thing and build new.

Maybe they can just squeeze something into the wildcat infield.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2017, 10:54:46 PM »
They used to have several great water slides.  Part of the tunnel for one of them is by the tin Lizzys. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 22, 2017, 02:34:33 PM »
ACE South Central had a winter event at Six Flags Fiesta Texas yesterday and a member posted on Texas Thrill Seekers and shared it with the OKC local coaster club Central Plains Coaster Club that Frontier City is expanding on Wild West Water this season. The coaster train on Wildcat coaster is getting a complete overhaul, plus there will be new additions to Diamondback. (there was rumors that one of the additions is shade structure on the waiting platform). Other news that was reported is that there will be upgrades to the eating establishments and construction of additional restrooms. No brand new coaster but with the changing of the new ownership I can see a major addition happening next season when the park turns 60. The official announcement from the park will be made public on Wednesday this week.