Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175027 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Frontier City Developments
« on: January 25, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »
http://newsok.com/former-six-flags-execs-to-manage-frontier-city-white-water-bay/article/3535312#ixzz1C60opist

Looks like FC's old SF team is back in town again. Burke and Story have been busy the last couple of years building up another empire of theme and water parks. FC is their first dry park, but WWB makes their third water park so far. They've been busy expanding their two other water parks like crazy already, just like in the good old days.

I'm not terribly excited about this team - they're famous for building up parks with rides and attractions but not paying attention to anything else, resulting in the famous six flags stigma we've all referred to at some point. However, they're not in control of the capital ex. purse for FC or WWB - CNL is, and it doesn't look like they've budgeted for anything new at either park this year. Hopefully, Burke and Co. can get them to invest in some new rides at FC, because right now that's all the park needs. PARC did a great job cleaning up the place, now it just needs a couple of new headlining attractions.

I doubt we'll see any improvement in day to day operations though, which means more of the same teenage ride operators, terrible food, and overpriced everything. At least that's nothing new for FC.

DeweyBald

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:45:53 PM »
I agree Shave...I got excited when I first saw the headlines in the paper, but after reading a few seconds I had the same thoughts.  At least they sometimes have pretty good concerts there.  I haven't been to WWB in YEARS.  Probably not since high school.  I only go to FC when the checkbook allows me to.  It's not near the bang for the buck as it used to be.  I'll keep my SDC season tickets!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:13:52 PM »
have to see what/if any improvements they make....

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 07:29:15 AM »
This will be the first time in several years that I will not have a frontier city pass. Last year they gave them away with a single day admission

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:59:41 PM »
this posted today:

The new name for Story & Burke’s management group is, Premier Attractions Management, LLC. According to CNL, Premier will be taking over the management of not only Frontier City and White Water Bay, but also Splashtown in Houston.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:53:13 PM »
WOW.

I can't believe they're actually going back to the Premier name. Good grief, if that's a sign, we're in for another long stretch of disappointment.

Still though, they are building up almost all of their new properties, so hopefully FC will get some of that love. These guys were responsible for all of FC's major coasters before they pretty much moved on to bigger and better parks to spend lavishly on.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 08:55:57 PM »
 :o wait and see

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 11:12:32 PM »
http://www.newsok.com/story-burke-plan-to-restore-prominence-to-frontier-city-white-water/article/3544764?custom_click=headlines_widget

This sounds promising. They have lofty attendance goals and a year to work on improving the overall park experience, so I could see them splurging on something big for the 2012 season. Burke and Story could always be counted on to add coasters to boost attendance back in the old days, and FC could use that now.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 08:01:27 AM »
thats sounds very promising for the park..  have to keep an eye on their progress.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:16:50 AM »
Have any of y'all been out to FC so far this year. Looks like they have a rainmaker show (at least according to their web site) I may have to go at least once just to check it out.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Called "Doc Snookers Medicine Man Show." Yup, sounds a whole lot like the ole SDC Rainmaker to me! ;)
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »
well if you go, make sure we get a trip review!! If it is worthwhile I would make a weekend trip to visit FC.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:18:01 PM »
Just an FYI...  Frontier City has been cleaned u pby the bew/old management.  They have fixed all of the rides that did not run last year and have even brought back the saloon show.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 10:04:28 PM »
Anyone been to FC this year? I'm curious as to how the "new" management is doing in more detail. Good to hear the saloon show is back. I know hangman is down again though, and I think the rotor is completely shut down at this point. I haven't heard of any changes that that Burke and Story's group actually made. PARC did so much to fix up the park before them, I can't imagine what else they could do besides putting new rides in, which is sorely needed.

I fully expect FC to announce a big new ride addition of some sort this year. The park is in as good a shape as we can hope for at this point I think, the only path to increased revenue at this point is by offering something new to ride at last. A splash battle would really fit the place, but a new thrill ride would help them with their main demographic. I won't be surprised though if Burke and Story go all out and get a Euro-fighter or S&S El Loco to kick start the park though.

I don't think I'll make the effort to visit this year. Other than seeing what's changed from last year, there's really nothing I want to do at the park. If they get something notable I'll definitely be there next year.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2011, 12:36:40 PM »
Went there for a church function. I looked about like it has in previous years. Didn't see any of the shows. Heard on the radio this AM that it is now $20 after 5 on weekdays.