Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 177342 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
FC has started some teasers on facebook. This is the first I can ever remember them doing teasers, which is cool. They're pretty much coming out and saying it'll be a super loop though.

While it's not really appealing to me, I'm actually pretty excited they're getting a new true thrill ride for the first time in ages. I'm sure it will give them a notable bump and help encourage more investment to follow.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2015, 12:00:55 PM »
Frontier City is Definitely teasing a new ride for next year. I'm not completely sold on it being a super loop though...just because it looks like it is going to go in between the Time Warp (Chance Inverter) and the Prairie Schooner (Swinging Ship) and the height also looks a lot taller than a super loop.......but it's a picture and you can mess with camera angles, so who knows.

They just said it's going to be cOOl........so the OO might mean lOOps. I wish they would give us a decent drop tower, that is what the park is really missing since they removed the two they had before.

The photo is from Frontier City's Facebook Page.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2015, 12:56:20 PM »
The camera is on the ground, so that's probably the right height for a super loop. I'd also like to see a drop tower return to the park, and I'm sure one will eventually, but everything here still seems to be pointing towards a super loop. It looks like they'll be taking out most of that games area, which is a big improvement in itself.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »
Yep.......super loop it is........here is today's clue. "Thanks for the hoop help, Elitch Gardens"

Jay

(Photo from Frontier City Facebook)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »
Official announcement made today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQqbUzzfKhI&feature=youtu.be

Basically they copied the name and style over from Darien Lake. Seems pretty lazy to do that in a park that is overtly western themed. I know this isn't a true "theme" park, but come on...

Oh well, it's definitely another good step in the right direction for this park. I'm really looking forward to seeing how much attendance it drives.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
They usually at least theme the name...and it wouldn't be that difficult.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2015, 09:06:09 AM »
The main part of the ride was constructed in a single day......not sure how much other construction they have left, but I'm guessing they will have it open by Memorial Day.

Picture from Frontier City Facebook

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #82 on: May 06, 2015, 10:13:40 PM »
It's cool that they got Thunder colors. I guess that's why they didn't use the "Rolling Thunder" trademark that they already have - the use of Thunder + those colors could probably have been enough to set a lawyer off. Would have been nice though. Still hate the Brain Drain name.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 07:32:04 PM »
Took part of the family to Frontier City for the first time in forever. I really think it might have been 9 years ago since my last visit. The park really hasn't added too much (brain drain, steel lasso, winged warrior, quick draw, and wild west water works) and lost a few things (mindbender, swings, hangman, nightmare, sling shot, time warp).

One thing I did notice this time around, that was different from our last visit, is only one ride wasn't operational - everything else was working great. Eveything was looking great too! Clean, landscape looked good, buildings looked good, employees were nice, the park is definately better than 9 years ago.

What made it even more amazing to me, was the park was able to maintain a great atmosphere despite being outrageously crowded. Now if you don't know who R5 is, just know they are the new rage of all the young girls in America.....and all the families and parents of these girls were in the park today (us included) to see the free R5 concert.

To give you an idea on how crowded it was, the asphalt parking lot was completely full, as was the old RV park, and the big empty grass lot south of the park, and all the vacant lots to the north of the park, etc. If you could fit a car somewhere, it was filled. But inspite of the crowd, the lines moved, you were served at the resturants, and the place was clean.

Anyhow, if this park can bring crowds like this in each weekend, then invest in a new bigger ticket attraction (shot tower, coaster, etc.) they could really become a nice little park. Seems like they might finally have the right management group running the park.

Jay

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2015, 08:00:04 PM »
I hope that's all true.  I'd like to see something that would draw more whole families to the park and not just teens.  They do a pretty good job with corporate picnics, but that's probably the biggest draw for families.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2015, 08:34:37 PM »
Here is a Facebook picture of about 1/2 the crowd on Saturday. I had told my daughter that when the concert started the ride lines would die down.....well, I lied, they were just as long even with this kind of crowd in the concert area.

https://www.facebook.com/frontiercitythemepark/photos/a.10152026392464907.1073741831.62458794906/10153515034974907/?type=1&theater

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #86 on: August 03, 2015, 10:35:09 PM »
Frontier City has put in a HUGE amount of work and investment into the park ever since the change in ownership, and through both sets of management. They really have basically re-built the park and completely revolutionized the operations. It used to be a slowly dying park, but now as you've witnessed it is regularly packed out. Big things are on the horizon for this place. I'm getting really excited about it.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2015, 09:37:15 PM »
This is my local park and this park hands down has to be the cleanest nicest small park in the nation.  I go about twice a week and they have done so much to this park you want to go not just to ride the rides. Their shows are highly entertaining a must to see while visiting. Most are themed to Oklahoma and the west.  The staff is very interactive and friendly I have not had a problem. I was with my best friend one day out of the blue a associate walking by greeted me and my friend and he even was very courteous to my girlfriend. He shook my hand and asked the two of us how our visit was that day.  You don't see that a themepark anywhere except maybe a Disney Park.  The landscaping the overall cleanliness of the park on a scale of 1 to 10 was a 11. They have one heck of team.   If you want the total package while visiting a themepark visit Frontier City. They deliver a first class Park experience. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2015, 01:17:58 PM »
Screamscape is reporting that the enterprise may have already been removed from the park to be replaced with one of the new generation HUSS models.

I loved the old versions, but the ride cycles kept getting shorter and shorter, and FC's was particularly short. When it takes 5X longer to load the ride than to run it then it's not worth bothering with. I'll be excited to see how the new concept works out.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2016, 08:56:32 PM »
So it sounds like they backed out of plans to get the new generation Enterprise, and from the looks of today's FB hint they are finally bringing back the Swingin' Six Guns instead. That means they are just swapping out an old school enterprise for an old school wave swinger... and a rather meager one at that from my memory. It has cool decorations, but doesn't go very high or fast and is pretty mild even for a ride of this type.

Meh, at least it's some sort of development. Maybe they're saving up for something bigger.