Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175059 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2018, 06:36:33 AM »
Let’s not play the entitled game here of “I’m in the club so I know things”

Who are you, and what did you do with Swoosh?

He's in that statement, KB.  Read it again, and you should appreciate the masterful use of subtle sarcasm.

Sometimes I scare even myself with how fluent I am in sarcasm.  By the way this is year 13 for me in education, I’m guessing that’s how I became so well- versed
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »
Let’s not play the entitled game here of “I’m in the club so I know things”

Who are you, and what did you do with Swoosh?

He's in that statement, KB.  Read it again, and you should appreciate the masterful use of subtle sarcasm.

Sometimes I scare even myself with how fluent I am in sarcasm.  By the way this is year 13 for me in education, I’m guessing that’s how I became so well- versed

Every bit helps.  Imagine how prolific you will be when you have 29 years under your belt as do I.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2018, 08:20:17 AM »
Well, they already had a Halloween fest and the big addition for this year was already a Christmas fest, so now they just added standard SF names to both events. Honestly I'm worried SF will actually water down the Christmas stuff. At least they go hard for Halloween.

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2018, 07:58:59 PM »
They just announced Holiday in the Park is coming to FC

I don't see anywhere online about "Holiday in the Park"  They announced last season " A Frontier Christmas". I looked at FC website and that has not changed to HITP. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »
I wonder if they will have the season pass sale for 2019 like Six Flags always do. Highly interested in getting some Gold passes on the cheap.

I got a code from Virgin Atlantic for signing up to their millage program. Only that the closest place they fly is ATL.
This give us a great deal on transferring and using points for their Premium Economy seats on the outbound hop across the pond. Direct to Manchester on a 747, chance for the kids to get a ride on one before they are gone, this far out even a seats up in the bubble can be had.

Anywho, we'll have to drive to ATL from MEM, I want to leave early and hit up SFOG for 5hr to 6 hrs and wear them out and head to Hartsfield. I figure we'll get there and be so hyped at 8.20am We'll head to either Blackpool and get there at opening and spend time there before heading to Alton Towers and the hotel and crash or head straight to Alton Towers get some park time in till the hotel room is a go and then crash.

I want to fly into a place close to a Six Flags or two. Thinking I might sneak in LA and hit MM and possibly Star Wars land  :o 8) I know I'll spend 8hrs to ride two rides but...……...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 25, 2018, 01:17:31 AM »
They just announced Holiday in the Park is coming to FC

I don't see anywhere online about "Holiday in the Park"  They announced last season " A Frontier Christmas". I looked at FC website and that has not changed to HITP.

Most of the time when I post something like this just take my word for it.  Here is the screen capture because you have issues using basic search functions apparently
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2018, 07:05:08 AM »
Swoosh it won't be called that this year to much money spent on material for this year.  Maybe next year which I can believe because Six Flags is too busy catering to being "Politically Correct".  That is one reason I didn't like the Frontier City going back under Six Flags management.  One reason why I like Silver Dollar City they don't hide who they are if you don't like it then don't go too their park.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2018, 10:31:08 PM »
Just a reminder that the announcement will happen early tomorrow morning.  In fact it’ll be posted when you wake up
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 30, 2018, 04:48:04 AM »
Well,  You have too start somewhere in the park.  Why not the kids area.  It's going to be changed they better keep the little buildings!!  That is all I'm saying. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #249 on: August 30, 2018, 11:04:42 AM »
It's a nice addition, and one of the bigger investments that SF has ever made into the park that I can remember. Definitely a good step for the park, and will continue to build their customer base and give them both an attendance and profit boost that could encourage further development.

However, a few nitpicks/worries, since we do that here:
  • Timber town theme? Not sticking with the FC theme? It wouldn't be too off-base, but then one of the rides is themed to planes? Not sure what they are doing theming-wise here. Looks like a cut and paste of random SF junk. Perhaps the final product will make more sense.
  • Are they taking out the current kids area for this? It's a great area that has been part of the park for decades with a lot of character and detail. New rides are great and all, but getting rid of the little buildings and such would be a shame.
  • I just heard Stephen Ball was let go. He was apparently a terrific manager who had a great vision for the park. Him being canned spells trouble...

There is a rumor starting now that Wildcat is on the chopping block. If it is being replaced with a new wooden coaster, that is something that has been on my wishlist for a long time. This is SF though... not getting my hopes up. I will be so pissed if we get a Free-Spin

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 30, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
Timber Town is already the name of the foam ball factory and with a large arch over the pathway it could be argued the entire kiddie land has been called Timber Town for quite awhile now
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 30, 2018, 06:38:00 PM »
Hello everyone let me clear some things up I spoke with somebody from the park.  I'm excited and Shave The Whales no worries on some of your concerns.

The entire kids area is being touched everysingle attraction.  The rides being removed are the flying Dragons which didn't fit the park.  The Indian Canoes which I understand are an operation nightmare and the current Wild Kitty Coaster.  The new rides are all Zamperla rides.   The new kiddie coaster is a brand new Zamperla Family Gravity coaster.  The planes will I assume go where the Flying Dragons are located.  The Frogs will go where the outdoor area of the petting zoo.  The petting zoo which comes and goes will not be back next season maybe in the future in the indoor area.  The Barge which is the only used ride is coming from Six Flags Over Texas that will replace the canoes.  The whole area is getting a refresh every single corner.  The buildings are staying.  The area was called "Paul Bunyans Timber Town"  Paul Bunyan is being dropped and it will be just known as Timber Town.   

I'm excited for it because that area has not been touched since 1997 when the area opened up to the public.   It was showing it's age.   The new ride names are

This is from the media press release

Frankie’s Mine Train, a family coaster as wild as the West itself;
Billy’s Frog Hopper, a fully interactive jumping ride that will take families up, down, and all-around;
Rocky's Ranger Planes, a classic spinning ride that will take kids to new heights, and;
Sheldon’s Sea Adventure, an innovative family ride combining a unique blend of rocking and whirling motions.

I also from the press release looked up the new Park President(GM) looks like he is from Six Flags Over Georgia.  His name is  Trevor Leonard. 

WildCat is not going anywhere it is staying for years to come   Also if you have noticed their website the will be open for two straight weeks the last week in December and the first week of January.  They also tacked the Black Friday Weekend for Holiday in the Park. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 31, 2018, 07:17:08 PM »
Sounds like some nice additions.. obviously needed additions

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 04, 2018, 09:00:34 PM »
Swoosh it won't be called that this year to much money spent on material for this year.  Maybe next year which I can believe because Six Flags is too busy catering to being "Politically Correct".  That is one reason I didn't like the Frontier City going back under Six Flags management.  One reason why I like Silver Dollar City they don't hide who they are if you don't like it then don't go too their park.

Your honor the prosecution would like to submit into evidence the following video supporting my claim
https://youtu.be/nP-nrwqW3IU

And at that, the prosecution rests its case
SWOOSH

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2018, 09:07:16 PM »
Swoosh you're silly...Thanks!     Today I was at the park they confirmed what rides will be removed from Timber Town.  They did it in a fun way.  here is images of the headstones.