Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175191 times)

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2018, 08:09:35 AM »

1958 when the park was created one of the Display features they have at the park till this day. That is Boothill Cemetery. Today I noticed the sign was missing from the fake Graveyard. I later learned that it was removed because it was racially offensive by the title "Boothill Cemetery". Mainly the term "Boothill" the park removed the sign because you know Six Flags they don't want to be the center of attention and or any controversy. "Boothill" which in the history of the term and has NO ties whatsoever with being racist or offensive. Here is the definition found online.

"Boot Hill, or Boothill, is the name for any number of cemeteries, chiefly in the American West. During the 19th century it was a common name for the burial grounds of gunfighters, or those who "died with their boots on".

My feeling I think the park should stand their ground and put the sign back up there is nothing offensive about the title of the cemetery. That has been part of the park since 1958. 60 years I think the sign needs to go back up maybe they should do a online poll if it stays or if goes. I don't know all I know there is nothing offensive about "Boothill"

Likely so as to not be confused with a similar term as folks these days are often seeking to be offended. Example, wreaths with cotton bolls at Hobby Lobby.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2018, 08:17:22 AM »
It's nice to see them stepping up the fright fest stuff. That's a huge money-maker, and will help the park continue to pull it's weight. Last time FC was in the chain, they barely did anything for fright fest that I remember. They've slowly added scare houses over the last decade. I remember thinking how awesome it was when they started setting up the second one. Now it sounds like there might be 4+? I'll have to head down there myself this year to check it out.

lol about boot hill. That's a stretch.

The big announcement sounds like it could really be something, but I'm still trying to keep my expectations low. I think it's probable that they have had something planned for the past couple years that is coming to fruition, but it is hard to say if the contract change affected anything. I think it's too soon for SF to have been involved in the process, unless it is just a smaller flat that they came onto like they did with the flyers. I could see them having bought a second drop tower like the one at Magic Springs...

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2018, 03:06:05 PM »
Frontier City's big announcement can just be related to the Six Flags Family. Not many people even know that SF will be running them again - so they could announce the partnership and all the benefits of the season pass/membership and that would be a "Huge Announcement" in itself.

So I'm like you Shave, not getting hopes up very high. But I am excited that maybe a Frontier City pass would be good at all the SF parks.

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2018, 05:24:17 PM »
Frontier City's big announcement can just be related to the Six Flags Family. Not many people even know that SF will be running them again - so they could announce the partnership and all the benefits of the season pass/membership and that would be a "Huge Announcement" in itself.

So I'm like you Shave, not getting hopes up very high. But I am excited that maybe a Frontier City pass would be good at all the SF parks.

Jay

It clearly says ATTRACTION. 
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2018, 07:49:03 PM »
They are getting the vintage mechanical bull from Urban Cowboy 8)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2018, 09:03:34 PM »
Apparently if you click the link in the email, the webpage specifically states that it will be a big new ride.

Still leaves some room for interpretation, but it's enough to get a little excited for.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 21, 2018, 04:46:40 AM »
Sorry Swoosh, I guess I was jaded from past “attraction” announcements. But Shave is right, if you dig further, it actually says “New Ride”.

I’m still hoping for a RMC Raptor Clone (I guess an original would be okay too).

Jay

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2018, 10:34:29 PM »
Maybe they will get Antique Cars. LOL if you have seen a certian parks announcement on social media and the TPR forums recently, you will get the joke.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2018, 10:56:17 PM »
Maybe they will get Antique Cars. LOL if you have seen a certian parks announcement on social media and the TPR forums recently, you will get the joke.

You know you could have just Kings Island.  Let’s not play the entitled game here of “I’m in the club so I know things”

FTR. Most of the posters here are not whom they seem online.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #234 on: August 22, 2018, 08:51:35 AM »
LOL...

So anyway,

My current list of ideas, thinking smaller and compact:

• Drop/shot Tower
  • Zamperla Endeavor
  • Zamperla frisbee (probably a smaller model)
  • Zamperla Disko
  • S&S Swing
  • Some random old flat taken from an existing SF property

They just got a Zamperla powersurge a couple years ago, so I don't think they want another extreme thrill flat like the Harley Quinn thing at SFOT. All of these ideas would be thrill rides, but more approachable.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2018, 10:07:04 AM »

They once had a very nice Antique Car ride, but over the years it was moved, then the route was shortened to almost a laughable circle. So an improvement there would be welcome :-)

I think they have a pretty good selection of flat rides, but could use a drop tower to replace the long gone Hangman. The SFOT troika would be a fun and inexpensive addition and I'd love it if they would rework the return run of Wildcat and make it similar to what it was when it first opened.

But if they are going to make their announcement "Big" all they would need to do would be to relocate just about any rollercoaster from one of their SF parks and Oklahoman's would be excited. Name it Boomer Schooner and 75% of the state would think it was the best coaster in the world.....

Jay

Kemotblue

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 22, 2018, 04:06:11 PM »
I learned that with Six Flags if the park is not doing any type of teasing then they are not getting anything Spectacular.  That Six Flag Parks will start doing teases online and in the park if it is something large for the park.

With Frontier City and the newly aquired parks Six Flags has to spend a lot of money to upgrade the computer systems  etc. Change all the operating expenditures. They took over management in June. So there was not enough time for them really get a large attraction.  My guesses and that is because of the timeline it will be a smaller family attraction. Maybe a drop tower or some other type of smaller ride.  Additional things They will do maybe  ride updates something like repaint Silver Bullet do a updated like they did at Magic Mountain with Revolution.  Diamond Back has the station roof that is sitting in the boneyard maybe the will spruce up its' station.  Stuff like that to the park.  Next season do something that will make Oklahoman's happy.   That is my prediction.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 23, 2018, 07:56:22 PM »
Let’s not play the entitled game here of “I’m in the club so I know things”

Who are you, and what did you do with Swoosh?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #238 on: August 23, 2018, 08:59:43 PM »
Let’s not play the entitled game here of “I’m in the club so I know things”

Who are you, and what did you do with Swoosh?

He's in that statement, KB.  Read it again, and you should appreciate the masterful use of subtle sarcasm.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2018, 06:32:30 AM »
They just announced Holiday in the Park is coming to FC
SWOOSH