Author Topic: Make modern Super8 movies!  (Read 3965 times)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Make modern Super8 movies!
« on: January 19, 2011, 01:09:45 AM »
If you like the look and feel of those old Super8 movies that show up now and then, here's your chance to make your own:

http://www.macworld.com/article/157219/2011/01/isuper8.html

With this app, you can make modern-day video that looks like 1972.  ;D

"iSupr8 costs $2, and is compatible with any iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, or fourth-generation iPod touch running iOS 4.1 or later."

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: Make modern Super8 movies!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
I got the 8mm app that allows you to film 70's era, Sakura, Xpro, Siena, 1920's
(different effects) I am a fan of the 20's and the Sakura. The 70's does not do that much for the effects. I do like the look of the isupr8 though...maybe I'll use my iTunes gift card on that also!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:16:48 AM »
We never had movies from SDC, just the occasional 120mm photo (Hasselblad or Yashicamat). Dad was a professional photographer, and he took a few pics on our vacations, but he had an aversion to "snapshots".

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:18:14 AM »
2 cameras that I will never, I repeat NEVER get my hands on!

haytater

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 11:22:18 AM »
I got the Super8 app also and can't wait to use it at SDC. I love using my Holga at SDC, too, but now that I have my iphone it's easier (and cheaper) to use a Holga-like setting in Hipstamatic. A couple years ago, I brought my Brownie, Holga and D-SLR to the park. My neck hurt so bad from carrying my bag with 3 camera in it. Foolish move, I know. I got some good shots though!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »
I love my Holga, I don't love developing, and really don't like paying to develop them! I have the conversin from the medium format tothe 35mm Holga, and that is pretty fun, but still cheap. Part of the joy of the "toy" cameras-the use of film- is what makes it unique. light leaks, exposure, focal length, etc. I love the ease, and price of digital, but it takes out much of the element chance involved in a camera of that quality. I will continue to carry around my 1963 Polaroid Land Camera and my Polaroid 1969 Colorpack II. The photos have the vintage feel since I used the same Polaroid Peel apart film produced by Fuji. Same process as the old ones, shoot, pull out of camera, wait specified time for the outside temp, peel apart negative and photo.WA-LA!
I use this one

for TTV shots (Through The viewfinder) like these...

And This one...

for shots like these...

Old Matt's Cabin-SOTH 2010

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 05:06:58 PM »
Good work, Rube!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"