Author Topic: Any Rumored FM or FITH Improvements?  (Read 30233 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Any Rumored FM or FITH Improvements?
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 09:38:09 PM »
I wouldnt mind if they turned up the volume inside and outside both rides.  FM & FITH

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 04:09:33 AM »
The other day FITH's music outside was loud enough to hear.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 12:40:45 PM »
We went to SDC on Friday (March 25), and the "Fire in the hole" voice was not working when we rode it.  >:(
You have a great past just ahead of you.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 09:07:36 PM »
I couldn't hear music at FM at all, last Thursday.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

cocodane3

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 10:26:53 PM »
The voice must have gotten broken recently because it was working march 18 and 19 ,2011

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2011, 03:12:56 PM »
thats right cocodane, i was there sunday the 20th and it was not working.

This is the kind of mainenece/repair that should not be neglected. if its broke fix it.  that yell is one of the highlights of the ride, and now it does not work either.

Apparantly still is not working and has been almost 2 weeks...

oh yea!  NOT is Mary's day!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »

You know I know they have a lot of overhead but man. at 50.00 per head gate fee you would think they could get this thing fixed.  Lets even say its 30.00 a head.  thats 30 x 12500= 375000.00 a day. Not including what they charge for a coke.  It doesn't compute to me, I would love for them to be able to explain why they cant keep these important things running.  In this day of digital it would only take a mp3 player hooked to a speaker with a infrared alarm and they are in business, no moving parts.   ?   under 300.00 .......?
Its the name of the ride for God sakes......lol

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 04:55:26 PM »
Don't know what the problem is with the special effects now...but in the old days humidity in the "wet" areas caused cart machines (tape loop machines) and projectors to break down all the time. Probably the same now with CD players or computers they use, or what ever it is they use.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
I was caught so off guard when I did not hear the voice; that it actually surprised me when we dipped into the water. I am just so use to hearing it, then immediatly dropping. Man, it really threw me off!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2011, 05:40:34 PM »
Probably the same now with CD players or computers they use, or what ever it is they use.
Carts and tape will be effected by humidity however digital is not.  Its not even a hot system that would need ventilation.  Its just a shame they cant even keep that going but it has happened in the past and will happen again.

I am starting to suspect that the maintenance people at SDC need a little help. being that the park is only open 4 days a week now and they are having a problem keeping up.  Think about what a problem its going to be when things are in full swing and they are firing 7 days a week.  They are really going to be in trouble then.

All sarcasm aside.....

They are open this time of the year without many shows and shops, they are specifically selling the experience of the rides to bring you in..........and they cant maintain the experience of the rides...........
Thats something to chew on.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2011, 06:25:21 PM »
At least give the ride op a megaphone, and he can yell it when the car gets close to the drop.  Do you think he would change it up too much?

FIRE in the hole!

Fire IN the hole!

Fire in THE hole!

Fire in the HOLE!

Did I hear Andy firing up a new TOP TEN list?  Top Ten alternative lines to conclude Fire in the Hole!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2011, 08:51:56 PM »
you're all correct..

mhguy, even if you allow for season passes...say 100,000 per day?  you would think that would justify a maintnence crew. And yes. IF they cant keep up 4 days a week, how will they keep up when open 7 days and longer hours,?

DCB-  i did the same thing 1st weekend, we rode and i was getting ready and then now yell.. caught me off gaurd!

HB, dont pressure andy too hard,, you know he has to strain to come up with those top ten list.. and we love them when they come out..

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2011, 09:18:40 PM »
Thanks so much for the support of my Top Ten lists! I am overwhelmed with the popularity they have. I just did them as a larf and I guess I caught lightening in a bottle.  :o

No pressure....I am in my corner, doin' neck stretches, inhaling deeply in and out, jumpin' in place, gettin' momentum to come up with more. I like the idea of ways to end FITH. I'll get to thinkin' and see what I can come up with.

Again, thanks! I am glad I bring smiles and anticipation with, hopefully, a lot of laughter!
Andymeets1880s

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:02 AM »
No Andy. thanks to you.  We all love those lists you come up with.  no matter the topic!

SDC#1fan

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2011, 03:23:23 AM »
I kinda wish they would bring back the part of the ride that they took out. It has been said its because of capcity issues but they could just add some more cars. I know this will never happen especially sense they cant keep everything its got now working.
Look dad a bear! (colton pointing to a Cow)