Author Topic: SDC "Citizens" of the past...and present!  (Read 39457 times)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
Re: SDC "Citizens" of the past...and present!
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2011, 11:02:38 PM »
I worked with Gary quite often. A great guy. He only had one speed...full.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2011, 12:10:47 PM »
I like that!

Mrs. Gumper

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2012, 11:05:59 PM »
The reason the characters are doubled is because, the Hatfield Haint Show in the Meeting Hall had some of the same characters as the street troupe. We were all on main street for the closing show.
Some of these days.

Mrs. Gumper

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 11:11:59 PM »
Let's see, that would be-----

Jae McFerron.......as Zeke
Patsy Lane..........as Sarie Ellen
Bonnie Borden......as Ma Hatfield
Jana Henleben......as Ma Hatfield
Elmer Wallace.......as Pa Hatfield
Jeff Kimes............as Zeke
Wayne Milnes.......as Pa McCoy (foreground)

Not sure why the characters were doubled up that day.  The shot is in front of the old Oak Ridge Grill which sat out in front of the west end of the General Store/WagonWorks area.

The reason the characters are doubled is because, the Hatfield Haint Show in the Meeting Hall had some of the same characters as the street troupe. We were all on main street for the closing show.
Some of these days.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »
Ah...yes!  That would be correct.  I forgot about that.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Gary Clarkson

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2015, 09:40:51 AM »
You are wrong about people not being able to ride their horse into Gary's shoein shed and git their horses shod. People did it all the time, from 1976 to 1984.Gary shod anybody's horse for anybody that wanted a horse shod. he shod horses for 5 bucks a head, the cost of his materials only.. Ask anybody who knowed anything about the mules and horses at  SDC, they will tell you the truth. Gary even shod one of Wayne Newton's bronc Arabian Horses at his shoein shed. He made horsehoes like Shad Heller did too. Gary starred in a horseshoein film by Encyclopedia Britannicia, shot at at Shad's blacksmith shop. He shod the Mules of SDC with rubber horseshoes so they would not slip on slick city hillside streets. Freckles Brown, world champion cowboy visited his shop and watched him work. Gary played the Marshall in the Burl Ives America TV Special about Rube Dugan's Diving Bell. Gary also played in the IMAX movie, Ozarks,Legacy & Legends movie shot at SDC and other local locations.Gary first started working at SDC in 1959, one year before the park even opened. Gary also was one of the pioneer leading actors in the Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Pagaent. He pioneered the legendary role of mean Wash Gibbs, the leader of the Baldknobbers.Gary is also known as the Walking Ambassador of the Ozarks. He walked across the state of Missouri to advertise Branson Plum Nellie Days. Gary is a true blue Ozarks Native Born,well educated Famous  Ozark Mountain Hillbilly.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2015, 06:14:54 PM »
I remember you, Gary. I was one of the Dugan boys at the diving bell. Thanks for visiting the forums.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"