Author Topic: SDC Store that YOU open!  (Read 10306 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
SDC Store that YOU open!
« on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »
Ok....SDC management comes to you and says "We are wanting to open a new store in the park and we've selected you to develop it! It has to stay within our overall theme, but it's your baby."

What would you open??

Me, I'd have an old west store filled with the history of the gunfighters and their legacies. Earp, James, Masterson, Holliday, Cody, Hickok, Billy the Kid, etc. The O.K. Corral, Northfield Bank robbery, Dodge City, etc.

I know a Nostalgia store is coming....I am just waiting to see which one of you opens it!
Andymeets1880s

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
Re: SDC Store that YOU open!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 12:50:43 PM »
You Called that right!  I would love to open that kind of store.  Actually, a lot of parks with history behind them have a memorabilia store that also includes a museum (stuff you couldn't buy).  I think the signs around the park that tell about the Park history illustrate the need for this.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 04:53:23 PM »
I'd reintroduce a bookstore. I'd specialize in books about the Ozarks.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 05:56:09 PM »
I will help betamike! After all his home is a :LOOONG way from "store" :o :o
  LOL ;D..

Nostalia/History of SDC.  Museum and goodies for sale.  reproductions of buildings and the rides..  yes!!! ::)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
Beta and I could go in on the museum!

That or a store of my artwork/ paintings.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:46:34 PM »
Bliss!  I could sell a ton of your artwork!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

sparkles2179

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 06:34:34 PM »
I would open a store near FITH that sold FITH merchandise and other replica antique firefighter "stuff".  My firemen family members would drop the bank in that store plus it would be a great way to further honor the men and women who put their lives on the line fighting fire, rescuing people, and saving lives in general. 

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »
I would have to go with a store that only had american made items in it.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 11:33:59 PM »
I would open a store near FITH that sold FITH merchandise and other replica antique firefighter "stuff". 

Excellent idea! That sounds like a store that I would be interested in.

I would have to go with a store that only had american made items in it.

Speaking of that, I would like to see a store that sells only Silver Dollar City handmade items.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2011, 11:35:57 PM »
Okay, I am totally going to cheat, and suggest a Silver Dollar City online store. ;D

Yes, the dreaded online store. However, I never make it to Silver Dollar City as much as I would like, and it would be nice to have a place to order a shirt, or other merchandise with the axe, and log logo on it before each trip. It would also serve as a great springboard for the local handcrafters to sell even more of their products.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 07:13:01 AM »
i keep sayin' it, & i'll say it again -- Indian stuff.. Native Americans were part of the ol' West rather it was fighting, trading, or stealing their land. Heck, we have to fight off the Baldknobbers & train robbers everyday at the park!

Just sayin..
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
online store is a good idea,  IF they stuck to "quality" merchandise.. But i know they would flood it with crap like they sell at HH and Marketplace. >:( >:(

pintrader

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
Okay, I am totally going to cheat, and suggest a Silver Dollar City online store. ;D

Yes, the dreaded online store. However, I never make it to Silver Dollar City as much as I would like, and it would be nice to have a place to order a shirt, or other merchandise with the axe, and log logo on it before each trip. It would also serve as a great springboard for the local handcrafters to sell even more of their products.

I always thought this was one of the best ideas SDC could come up with.  It's a win - win situation for SDC and it's customers.  What would be the increase in merchandise sales a year...say at least 25%?

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 11:47:51 AM »
I always thought this was one of the best ideas SDC could come up with.  It's a win - win situation for SDC and it's customers.  What would be the increase in merchandise sales a year...say at least 25%

25% would be just from those of us on this site  ;D

pintrader

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 01:34:35 PM »
I think your absolutely right okiebluegrass!  I think 25% would be a very modest estimate.