Author Topic: Bed and Breakfasts  (Read 3852 times)

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Bed and Breakfasts
« on: December 07, 2010, 11:57:11 AM »
Anyone have any recommendations of bed and breakfasts in the Branson area?  I've been to a couple that were nice, but was wondering what opinions others had.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Bed and Breakfasts
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 03:38:07 PM »
Don't know if it is still used as a b&b, but the old Branson Hotel in downtown Branson at the downtown stop light on Hwy 76 across from the Empire Electric Office once rented out 8 rooms and provided a breakfast. It is the oldest hotel in Branson, and Harold Bell Wright of Shepherd of the Hills fame stayed there, as well as other famous people, including a Missouri Governor. I've been in the building a few times over the years, and last time I was in there was not long after a complete restoration. Each room has it's own bathroom, and the public areas are restored nicely. Period furniture in the lounge area and dining area.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

crossinmo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 04:03:38 PM »
We stayed at Aunt Sadie's (www.auntsadies.com) for our 10th Anniversary, and we really enjoyed it.  We stayed in the Reflections cottage.  It had a private hot tub on the back screened porch, and a nice front porch.  The back overlooked the woods, so it was as if we were the only ones there. 

However, it wasn't your typical B&B...the breakfast was provided in our room, and wasn't a hot breakfast.  We had homemade cinnamon rolls the first day, and homemade bread and cookies the second day.  There was also soda, juice and milk in the fridge.   

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »
We stayed at Aunt Sadie's (www.auntsadies.com) for our 10th Anniversary, and we really enjoyed it.  We stayed in the Reflections cottage.  It had a private hot tub on the back screened porch, and a nice front porch.  The back overlooked the woods, so it was as if we were the only ones there. 

However, it wasn't your typical B&B...the breakfast was provided in our room, and wasn't a hot breakfast.  We had homemade cinnamon rolls the first day, and homemade bread and cookies the second day.  There was also soda, juice and milk in the fridge.   

We've stayed at that one as well, and really enjoyed it too.  In fact, that might have been the room we stayed in as well.  Unfortunately, no rooms are available the night that we need it. 

When we were there, breakfast was served hot in the house.  I wonder if they have changed something, or maybe they couldn't do a hot breakfast for some reason at that time?

crossinmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »
We spoke with the owner while we were there, and that is a recent change.  Although personally, I prefer breakfast in the room on my own schedule. 

We also checked into Cameron's Crag (www.camerons-crag.com) and Kite House (www.kitehouse.com) before booking with Aunt Sadies.  Some friends of ours liked Cameron's Crag, and I read reviews of Kite House, and it got great reviews, we just thought the private cottage at Aunt Sadies was more of what we were looking for. 

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions.  We actually also stayed at Cameron's Crag once as well, and it is pretty nice.

We decided to go with Dear's Rest B&B, which is kind of mid-way between Nixa and Branson West.  There is only one cabin, so we'll be the only people staying the night we are going. 

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 03:27:17 PM »
Although I would not consider it a 'true' bed & breakfast; The Bradford Inn is a wonderful place to stay with themed rooms and THE BEST breakfast we have ever had in Branson. The Bradford Inn is situated to look over the former Celebration City and much of the Strip. The front of the Hotel looks like 2 white Colonial Style homes with green shutters & doors; along with dormer windows. There is a smaller building in-between the two, that serves as the lobby and breakfast room. There are probably around a couple dozen rooms to choose from, each with its own theme. Family owned and operated; great place, check it out!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

BransonInfo.org

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
Don't know if it is still used as a b&b, but the old Branson Hotel in downtown Branson at the downtown stop light on Hwy 76 across from the Empire Electric Office once rented out 8 rooms and provided a breakfast. It is the oldest hotel in Branson, and Harold Bell Wright of Shepherd of the Hills fame stayed there, as well as other famous people, including a Missouri Governor. I've been in the building a few times over the years, and last time I was in there was not long after a complete restoration. Each room has it's own bathroom, and the public areas are restored nicely. Period furniture in the lounge area and dining area.

Good to know!  I'll drop by the next time I'm up there - I love old places like that, it's exactly the kind of thing I want to be able to share with people.  There is so much more to Branson than the bright lights and the Strip.
I own a Branson info site.