Author Topic: Branson NASCAR track  (Read 35292 times)

righty1985

• View Profile
Re: Branson NASCAR track
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
Rezoning was approved tonight by a 4-2 vote leaving neighboring landowners in tears
http://ozarksfirst.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=489687

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2011, 08:44:15 PM »
gentlemen! Start your engines.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:16 PM »
gentlemen! Start your engines.

That’s pretty cold. ;)

saloongal

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
I don’t think that this is about trying to get the primary series here. This is about developing a race track and a grass roots campaign to bring auto racing back to an area where it has dwindled. The NASCAR sanctioning is just agreeing to host races which operate under their terms and conditions.  It does not mean that they can’t also be USAC, ARCA, or NSCS sanctioned.  They may very well qualify for sprints, stocks, trucks, carts, and bikes on this same track. I find it unlikely that this developer has all of his eggs in the NASCAR basket.  Not to mention the revenue if you can also put in a “race day experience” program.  This track will not sit idle except one weekend a year.
Also, after the track has been there a couple years and some local guys (or gals) start racing and trying to challenge “the big boys” every week, some of the same locals speaking out against it will be in the stands rooting for the hometown hero.  And I would also gamble that despite their initial disapproval of the track, Bass Pro Shops will have an advertisement there. 
"Children, like fruit, are often sweetest just before they turn bad"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2011, 03:40:11 PM »
sorry about that ozark... BUT you know somebody had to say it ::) ::)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 09:00:23 AM »
I do wish the site in Missouri was a few more miles away from Big Cedar, cause that is such a beautiful resort and nice area around Table Rock. The sound of the engines will roar around those hills, and perhaps disrupt the resort area. I saw in the Little Rock newspaper today that the investors are still considering Arkansas as a site if things don't work out in MO. The politicians in Forsyth, MO allowed the motor park to move forward, but we will see what happens. I've never had a chance to see NASCAR or other big race events in person, so it would be a treat to have a speedway less than two hours from my front porch.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »
I do wish the site in Missouri was a few more miles away from Big Cedar, cause that is such a beautiful resort and nice area around Table Rock. The sound of the engines will roar around those hills, and perhaps disrupt the resort area. ... I've never had a chance to see NASCAR or other big race events in person, so it would be a treat to have a speedway less than two hours from my front porch.

That's just it. Personally, I am not objective to a racecar track in the region. I just think the planned site is too close to Branson, and it will disturb the natural beauty, and sound of the area.

A local news station here in Little Rock ran a short segment about it. They also mentioned that if the green light to build goes through, that the head of the project will be required to install decibel readers around the perimeter of the track to monitor engine noise. I find that to be so funny. I mean sure, they could build sound barriers, and such. However, if the decibel readers measure too high, what are they going to do ask the drivers not to drive so fast?

I’m teasing of course.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 12:14:01 PM »
of course i dont know any of the details or logistics of this project.. BUT it will be noisey,  why not build it next door to the new airport?  They already have noise.!  just sayin.!   LOL

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2011, 08:52:45 AM »
Expect lawsuits. I do believe the landowners adversely affected by this should be compensated if a land owner decides to affect the area's quality of life.

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2011, 10:37:13 AM »
Top Ten Reasons in Favor of the Branson Speedway

10. If you like the thrill of racing on the Go-Kart tracks, you'll love racing here.

9. It would get hundreds of cars off the "strip" for hours at a time.

8. It's a better place to "people-watch" than Walmart.

7. Area meth-manufacturers (moonshiners are passe) will have a place to practice their getaways safely.

6. The noise from the race cars would drown out the bad shows in Branson.

5. Lots of entertainers to choose from to yell "Gentlemen, start your engines."

4. Great tail-gate parties.

3. Just pull into the pits and get your car serviced in 15 seconds or less.

2. Exciting crashes!

And the number 1 reason in favor of the Branson Speedway:
Lots of entertainers to choose from to sing the National Anthem.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »
Good one, Zephon.  I'm looking forward to #9.  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2011, 07:35:59 PM »
#9!!!!

I tailgate at the motel.. ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2011, 11:07:03 PM »
What makes me nervous about number nine is what happens after the race is over. The strip will be even more crowded than usual!. :o

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2011, 10:10:04 AM »
good point ozark..  I guess you better be where you want to be when the traffic hits town.   But i doubt if the traffic flow would be on 76,     Most motels can be reached on the back roads..   I know i never use 76 unless i HAVE to.!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
Branson itself is a terrible place for a NASCAR track. Too little transportation in and out, and most all of that is at capacity already.

Now, within driving distance of Branson sounds fine.

Personally, I don't care for NASCAR, but as long as tracks and support systems are built with private money, and the taxes pay for the infrastructure upgrades that are needed, I don't really care.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:35:52 PM by KBCraig »