Author Topic: "Wilderness in the Ozarks" Waterpark in Hollister, MO  (Read 8097 times)

MattPaasch

• View Profile
"Wilderness in the Ozarks" Waterpark in Hollister, MO
« on: February 29, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »
From: http://www.clubandresortbusiness.com/news/3179/resort-company-coming-to-ozarks.html

Wilderness in the Ozarks by Wilderness Resorts from Wisconsin will be part of a multi-million recreation and convention project by the Gage family in the city of Hollister.

Proposed amenities for the $250-million Wilderness in the Ozarks include four acres of outdoor pools, a 75,000-square-foot indoor water park featuring thrill rides, a wave pool, a lazy river, four large family tube rides, spray features and a variety of play areas for children.

http://www.wildernessresort.com

This was also mentioned at ozarksfirst.com :

When finished, it will feature a four-story, 236 unit condominium complex, indoor water park and 7,500 seat event center.

Developers hope have the project done by mid-2009.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 04:41:34 PM by MattPaasch »

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: "Wilderness in the Ozarks" Waterpark in Hollister, MO
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 07:56:57 PM »
This sounds good for Hollister.

How many water parks will Branson have???

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
-White Water
-Splash Country Inn/Out
-This new one
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 10:02:46 AM »
Also the Indian Ridge development next to SDC. Oh, and if Pinnacle Falls ever happens that would be another. Can Branson support five water parks?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:18:52 PM »
Well... if Kalahari opens one there, the others will not last too long, but other than that I think that the answer is "yes" to whether or not it can support 5 water parks -- granted only 2 are open right now
SWOOSH

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 12:56:46 PM »
I guess what I am saying can Branson find enough people to employ five water parks. Branson is going through a struggle right now trying to find people to fill the current workforce. There are shops, them parks, theatres ect. that are struggling. They are even considering changing the town’s high school hours, so they can get out at two. By getting out at this hour they would be able to work more hours. I live in the area and these are the worries that I am constantly hearing. I am in no way a gloom and doom person. I do believe something will be done.

I am not sure; do cities and towns do national campaigns to get people to move there?