Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 112980 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »
New for 2012: ADA Compliancy.  You're going to see a lot of changes this off season due to the new law.  Enjoy!
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2011, 09:44:33 PM »
Meaning some of the attractions will be altered as we have discussed in threads on this site like the GM?

I am unfamiliar with new law changes but I can think of a few attractions that will need to alter their existing set-ups...Wonder what that'll look like.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2011, 10:14:22 PM »
This deals more with pathways
SWOOSH

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
Pathway to rides   FITH, Thunderation etc? or main pathways like the narrow walk way to the Grand Ex  or the  narrow road by the Candy shop?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2011, 12:14:13 AM »
Ouch. I don't know the technical specifics of the ADA changes, but I'd wager a guess they'll have to add a lot more line, access routes, and signage at the very least. It could be a real headache redoing some of the entryways and steep drop-offs as well. SDC's pathways are still quite rugged, like they just poured asphalt over the forest floor.

Just as long as they don't have to level hill street.  ::)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2011, 07:39:58 AM »
Not sure about this law but there inevitably is a built in " grandfather clause".  So if the ride/attraction/building was built before the law then that is "grandfathered" in. Build something new and you MUST comply.  So although there are some tricky spots in SDC for wheel chairs and some changes will certainly be made  I dont believe this is room for panic, the changes will most likely not effect you adversely on your visit to the city.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 12:30:50 PM by mhguy77 »

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2011, 01:24:21 PM »
Installation os a ski-style chair lift up Hill Street would fix that.

mike_kelly87

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »
that would be great! No woodies dont have razzle dazzle of the steel, but I feel that the woodie has a better look in the woods.

For those of you that thing woodies dont have the "Razzle Dazzle"  you need to get in your car and drive to Holiday World and get on the Voyage. This is still my favorite wood coaster I have ever ridden.

Start with a big lift hill and first drop and follow it up with some 90 degree banked turns.

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 09, 2011, 01:07:37 PM »
We are huge fans of the "Wildcat" woodie that is sitting lonely at CC! Wish there was a way to get that one to SDC. I'm a huge fan of the wooden roller coaster. It has a feel that steel can never give. But then I am a fan of any roller coaster!
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 09, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
your right busy mom, the woodie at CC looks pretty lonely just sitting there..  its a real shame!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #250 on: December 31, 2011, 11:28:37 PM »
Swoosh recently updated midwestinfoguide.com with an update from the annual Coaster Christmas event at SDC, where the local Missouri parks come out and talk to ACE about their new additions.

Here's an interesting tidbit on 2012:
First up was Brad, the GM of Silver Dollar City.
Next year is being billed as the "Biggest Show Year Ever" at SDC. World Fest will be honoring Italy. Kids Fest will have Nick Wallenda return. There will be fireworks for 4th of July this year. Country Music Weekend will feature concerts by Pam Tillis and Diamond Rio in Echo Hollow. Harvest Festival will have a Wild West Stunt Show in Echo Hollow. Christmas will introduce "It's A Wonderful Life"
a new musical in the Heritage Hall. AND finally, he said that the Mystery 2013 addition would excite the ACErs. Soumds like a new coaster to me, but that opinion is just Mine.

Sounds good to me, though for the "Biggest Show Year Ever" it sounds like there's only a couple of new shows. At least they both sound really good. I wonder how they're going to set off fireworks when all the trees in the park obstruct the view? I guess there's echo hollow, but not everyone can fit in there.... Maybe the main square....

Injun Joe

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 01, 2012, 03:27:33 AM »
AND finally, he said that the Mystery 2013 addition would excite the ACErs. Soumds like a new coaster to me, but that opinion is just Mine.

I'm not buying just yet.  Can't wait to see construction photos of whatever it is though.

I wonder how they're going to set off fireworks when all the trees in the park obstruct the view? I guess there's echo hollow, but not everyone can fit in there.... Maybe the main square....
That was my first thought too.  Maybe the back of Lake Silver?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 01, 2012, 09:17:00 AM »
Lake silver seems to be a little out of the way, But the fireworks reflectong off the water would be a great view.

EH seems to be the obvious answer.

Not really a "prime" location, But i am sure the PTB will make a great effort

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 01, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »
The fireworks for the 50th anniversary were done over Echo Hollow, and we were able to see them on Main Street.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 01, 2012, 06:03:39 PM »
so I had a thought kinda unrelated ish to the toppic-----how do you think crowd levels will be in 2012 without a major attraction not being placed?
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!