Author Topic: SDC's 2012 Project  (Read 112346 times)

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2012 Project
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
That would be awesome...I like the idea of a MM type of ride...
Colorado SDC Fan

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2010, 01:40:26 PM »
Interesting. I actually took a bunch of photos of the area surrounding the tower over Thanksgiving weekend to see how things could fit. It struck me that it would actually be pretty difficult to use the tower for a G-fighter, considering the layout of the beams, the train tracks underneath, and the stairs. It's also not very tall for a major coaster drop. Maybe they have something funky up their sleeves though.

Considering how much MM cost, I wonder if SDC's model would be of a similar magnitude and level of theming? I'm sure they'd make it look good, but MM is a Disney-quality ride from what I've seen, and I've hoped that same magnitude could be brought to SDC, even if the ride is different.

Personally, I wish they'd just build a woodie. It would fit the park better and round out the coaster collection well, plus it would be more appealing to a larger audience and split PK's line some.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2010, 04:14:35 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D    right!   woody!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 05:04:53 AM »
-- and to answer your question, it's all in my head, I don't have any of this written down anywhere, it's amazing how I can remember completely random (and to some useless) information with ease but cannot remember what I had for lunch later on in the evening.

Hello, Cousin!  ;D

My father would often start questions to me with, "Say, O Fountain of Worthless Information, what is... "
 :D

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2010, 03:45:28 PM »
CC's OzCat would work well at SDC, I wish they would just move it over there!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 07:34:16 AM »
yes junior!! :o :o    Just  move it over and get it over with! :o :o  It would be the right thing to do!!  LOL ;D

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 06:53:37 PM »
I really think that in Waterboggan's spot, a terrain hugging GCI woodie would be great. Honestly it would be kind of cheap because it could stay close the ground, therefore be longer because of less money. It would be great!

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2010, 04:45:49 PM »
I just want to know what's going into the Waterboggan area because the anticipation is killing me! :D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2010, 07:03:13 PM »
I really think that in Waterboggan's spot, a terrain hugging GCI woodie would be great. Honestly it would be kind of cheap because it could stay close the ground, therefore be longer because of less money. It would be great!

While it *would* be great, it's not happening.
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »
SDC has so much terrain to put to good use that either of the scenarios involving them moving OzCat here or building a woodie in the waterboggin's place would be a slap in the face. I'd rather wait till they're ready to build a OCI-style big terrain woodie than have them build a mediocre compact model on a flat piece of land.

I've been watching more of the discussion about G-fighters from the community lately. A lot of people seem to think the old model G-fighters are aging really badly already, including Mystery Mine. The new models seem to be doing OK though, I've only heard good things about Anubis, Lynet, Huracan, and Fluch von Novregod, but they're all overseas...

I guess that means if SDC is headed the G-fighter route, we'll probably (hopefully) be getting the newer version. If they do, they'll be able to incorporate a launch within the layout as well, similar to Fluch von Novregod, but capacity will be lower.

I don't know, I'm definately holding my breath. 2012's addition will most likely be the greatest thing since Wildfire or a let-down. It can't be too bad though, the people behind HFEC do know what they're doing.

Tom

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2011, 08:25:01 AM »
A couple of years ago, I was practically sure that a woodie was going to dropped off the hill behind the farming area near the entrance of the park.  There is plenty of room for development and it could force gp to walk through a part of the park that is sometimes overlooked. 
Why is everyone sure that the old tower is going to be incorporated into a new ride?  Did SDC say that the tower would be used in a new ride and that SDC knew how they were going ot use it?  What stops SDC from adding a few safety features, telescopes/binoculars, and plaques explaining points of interest and call it a new observation deck? 

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2011, 09:14:01 AM »
I would love that.........
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2011, 09:26:06 AM »
Tom, thats quite an idea in itself. ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 09:51:51 AM »
Why is everyone sure that the old tower is going to be incorporated into a new ride?  Did SDC say that the tower would be used in a new ride and that SDC knew how they were going ot use it?  What stops SDC from adding a few safety features, telescopes/binoculars, and plaques explaining points of interest and call it a new observation deck? 

Tom, very few people actually know anything for a certainty. We go off of physical evidence (such as tree markers), and speculation (such as why remove the Waterboggan, and yet leave the structure), practical reasoning (why would Silver Dollar City carve out more landscaping when the old Waterboggan site is prime real estate), and just plane fun “what ifs?” ;D

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
For those of us familiar with the roller coaster history of WOF, I miss the little roller coaster that used to be in the Africa area (zambezi zinger?).  I wonder if that could be a possible coaster addition to take advantage of the hills and hollers of SDC.  While at times it was a little rough on a body, I have spoken to many who thought it was the most fun.
Vote to end 2020!