Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 2609 times)

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
Wish List
« on: October 30, 2010, 03:00:34 AM »
Well Christmas time will soon be here. Whether you believe in Santa or not, it is fun to have a wish list. So let's hear it. Don't limit yourself to the realm of feasibility, as I am hoping to get different responses than in the 2011 project thread. I also hope this thread will not become an area for griping about what SDC isn't getting :)

That said, if you could have whatever you wanted added to the park at the beginning of next year, what would it be?

I am going with the magic genie convention here and picking three wishes.

1)A better Water Boggan with at least 95% uptime ;-)
2)Renovations to the American Plunge to restore more "theme" to the ride, like it used to be.
3)An SDC themed version of X2-This will never happen, but it's the only coaster that I still scream on, the chairs flip!
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-y-0IFiZqY&feature=fvw (skip to 1:07 in the video, the beginning is boring)

Any other wishes out there?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 03:11:57 AM by Nate65807 »
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 06:23:44 AM »
Ol' wagon rides out in the woods, on unpaved surface, to show us all what it was REALLY like. Like a wagon train head'n west, look out for the indians!!!! :o
I'll say it again - campfire stories told by citizens of SDC that involves the city slicker guests. Maybe let a guest or 2 tell a story.
Live life like it's the last day!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 07:40:42 AM »
3 wishes!!????  hang on im thinking about it.. ???

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
Bring back the personalities...the characters on the street...full throttle.
-
Bring back the bookstore...stagecoach...float trip.
-
How about an updated version of the diving bell with all the special effects now available?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
It really would be a radical move to go "retro" with some "new" attractions.  AP is really not so much a thrill anymore and would be a greatly-themed float trip ride in which riders float past native Ozark animals, both live and animated.  Another flume ride, from CC could replace the logging theme, and could be incorporated at the old waterfall location, along with some other side features..

The Diving Bell is probably the greatest, most creative, and most missed concept of all time.  I see it as a 4D theater at the edge of the water.  It could even help anchor the GG side of the lake along with a mine coaster (in whatever form).

None of us would mind if characters were brought back.  Times were when visitors new the characters by name.

Moving in this retro direction would be a bold move to go forward by returning to our roots.  Plus a great bookstore on main square would be great too.  You are right on the mark, Junior.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 11:48:06 AM »
Oh my goodness, there are so many things! How do I possibly narrow it down to just three? :D

Okay, so here are the first three wishes that pop into my head.

1. Take out the tea cups ride, and replace it with the merry-go-round. Leave the tea cups for Disney!  ;)
2. Plant more trees! Silver Dollar City just simply cannot have enough.
3. Behind the scenes tours for all SDCFans.com members! ;D

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2010, 01:17:27 PM »
Choice #3 i would like to see. :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:18:01 PM by How-doFolks »
Live life like it's the last day!