Author Topic: prominode of stars parade  (Read 2428 times)

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
prominode of stars parade
« on: October 28, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »
Anyone know why the moved the Prominade of Stars Parade back to the Landing from  having on 76 like last year?
SDC has always made a great past to remember

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: prominode of stars parade
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 08:55:53 AM »
I personally have no official explainantion. Perhaps, they moved it in an effort to draw more people to the Branson Landing? ???

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 08:59:27 AM »
Is it because most of the stars are so old, that their heavy make up and heavy flashy costumes are difficult to keep on for long periods of time? The route is shorter. Perhaps it's because the landing is closer to Skaggs Hospital in case any of the ancient stars have a serious health issue? (Of course, I'm kidding around!) My guess is that it keeps traffic flowing on Hwy 76. Anyone who wants to see the parade can be in one small geographic area and the viewers have to park their cars and walk on foot to where the parade will be.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 09:05:10 AM »
Ha, wow Junior I see you have had your morning cup of coffee already! :P

Speaking of that, Highway 76 was definitely more crowded this year (in my own experience only) than the last time I visited. It would seem logical to keep the extra congestion off of the strip.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 09:14:19 AM »
traffis did seem worse this?  but i try to use the back streets as much as i can.