Author Topic: What are your favorite Soap Operas?  (Read 20649 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: What are your favorite Soap Operas?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2010, 05:54:45 PM »
Soap Operas are shows where there is very little acting.  The characters almost always stand in one spot the entire time during a scene -- this way they only have to memorize minimal lines without worrying about emotional reponses and other cues that movement would require. 

A Drama is a once-a-week show that features lots of actual acting and more in depth storylines.
SWOOSH

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2010, 06:30:27 PM »
Well, now that both ATWT and GL are off the only two shows I watch are The Young and the Restless, and Days of our Lives. I know alot of people aren't interested in soaps because they work, but, I personally think they are still popular.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2010, 11:00:39 PM »
Diversity is awesome, and I am glad you are sharing your interest in Soap Operas with us.  :)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2010, 03:46:53 PM »
@DWfan- Thats great you share/shared soap operas with your gramma. I personally share The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men with mine. She is such a hoot.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
Two, and a Half Men with grandma? That's pretty daring considering how um, "flavorful" their innuendos are on that show!  :D

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 10:52:04 AM »
my gram is very colorful. she is a hoot and a half. she enjoys the bawdy-ier things in life without stepping over the line. This is why I enjoy 2HM with her. Yay gramma!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 12:29:24 PM »
I've got a great idea for a new soap opera..."Swoosh: Adventures of a Roller Coaster Rider!"  An intense and close look at the life of a guy who rides coasters for fun and for the media...all the ups and downs of his travel filled life!  ;D
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
like that!   ;D

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2010, 12:12:53 AM »
Speaking of that, could you imagine a Silver Dollar City soap opera involving all of the characters there? Talk about some true southern drama, and entertainment!  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010, 10:03:04 AM »
I'm not sure what my FAVORITE Soap Opera is, but I can attest that my LEAST FAVORITE Soap Opera is dealing with teenage drama daily at school.  Sheesh!  Everyone seems to be extra-hormonal right now.  :o
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 10:12:25 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »
Yah you should get a load of the middle schoolers...sheesh. SOme days I can't stand it they try to act 25 yrs old, followed up 2 minutes later by acting 7 yrs old. I don't need to travel to SDC for roller coasters, I just need to sit and watch.

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »
That's exactly how it is at school. I got started watching soap operas when I was little, because my grandmother would watch them all afternoon it was always The Young and the Restless, Another World, As the World Turns, and General Hospital.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 09:37:09 AM »
Anyone remember "Dark Shadows?" I was a little kid and watched it with mom, who was a housewife then. Barnabas Collins was my favorite character. It's funny to watch the videos of it now at how bad some of the storylines and acting were. They did the shows live, and I remember set pieces getting knocked over! This was network television -ABC. Times have changed.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

dwfan

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »
I do remember dark shadows. Not sure, but, hasn't that show been off for almost 40 years. Also, I like the fact evrything is pre-recorded now, so , you don't see them messing things up.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
Real life is enough drama for me.

Jesus said it best in Matthew 6:34:  "...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating