Author Topic: Jack & Pete Signing At Border's  (Read 3281 times)

pintrader

Jack & Pete Signing At Border's
« on: October 15, 2010, 07:28:53 AM »
Join Jack and Pete Herschend at Borders in Springfield, MO this Saturday from noon until 2pm. They will be signing copies of the keepsake book 50 Years of Making Memories. Don’t have your copy yet? Copies of the book will be available. Hope to see you there!

I copied this from SDC facebook.  Sounds like a great opportunity for people to meet Jack & Pete and get a great keepsake also!  Just thought I would let everyone know (if they didn't already) on the site so they could maybe make plans to be there.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Jack & Pete Signing At Border's
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
I recieved the same message from the good folks at the Springfield News Leader, the ones that produced the book. Wish I could go, but cannot!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »
yes, saw it on facebook also..  but :'( can't make it..

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 03:37:56 PM »
I too had seen that but will be one of the many who cannot join that fantastic oppurtunity. Wish I had copious amounts of cash so I could take everyone!!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

pintrader

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Went to Border's today for the book signing.  We arrived at 11:15 and there wasn't a line forming yet so we looked around the store for awhile.  At 11:30 we could see that a line was starting so we got in line and were the the fourth ones in line.  Jack was the first to arrive and was on crutches (not sure what was wrong).  He could not have been any nicer.  He walked down the line with the aid of the crutches and talked to almost everyone and thanked them for being there.  To my surprise just before it started at 12 o'clock, not only did Pete show up but JoDee and Sherry their wives also were there to sign.  I will be honest, I really did not want to leave.  It was just great listening to them talk to the people around them about SDC.  When they were done signing my book Jack looked up at me and said "thank you for loving Silver Dollar City so much".  It was a great day! 

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 08:24:06 PM »
*sighs* if only if only.......glad you had a great time and it was such a good trip for you! Thanks for sharing!
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
thats great! that will be something to remember always.  Just like SDC itself..

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 07:47:21 AM »
Glad to hear all four showed up and met with people. That personal touch is why the little company Jack and pete's mom founded with their dad became so successful.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 02:57:12 PM »
They truly are great people! I was so close, and yet I didn't make it in time. I have been in Branson this entire past week! :-X