Author Topic: Single Day Ticket Prices (and other things)  (Read 18879 times)

chitlins

• View Profile
Re: Single Day Ticket Prices (and other things)
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »
We have bought season passes for the past couple of years. We make sure we get them before Jan 1st. to take advantage of the take a friend guest passes. I've talked to people that got pee'd off when I told them I got to take folks for free because they bought theirs after the 1st.  I think the package should be the same but priced differently cheaper for the early birds.

It's a no brainer for those of us with kids cause Christmas is a can't miss. We enjoy the park more then than at anytime in the summer, though I heard the place was packed on SAt Oct, Sun Oct 11th was about the most perfect weather one can have at SDC and the ride rides were nearly nil.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 10:13:13 AM »
I agree that the price is a little steep. especially for a one day pass, but it is probably the cheapest full day thing you can do in Branson. Everything is over the top expensive there on the strip. Next time I go I want to stay in Branson West and avoid Branson all together. SOTH and SDC are my only reasons for going anyway. I might make an exception if I decide to go to a show, but with all that traffic I prefer to avoid all of that

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »
thats a good point..  anything it branson that is a show or show and dinner runs 35-55.00....  exceptions being the ducks and the branson landing boats and they are 15 -20 and last about an hour.   SO yes dollar for dollar and time involved SDC is probably the best BARGAIN in Branson!!!!

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2010, 11:53:28 AM »
We stay'd at Shady Acers in Branson West for only $44.00 a night, kitchenette at that! We also stay away from the strip.
Live life like it's the last day!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 03:21:22 PM »
While I would certainly not agree for Silver Dollar City to spike, or jack their ticket prices up, I do believe their Season Pass prices are very reasonable. For one hundred dollars I can ride an old train, ride a bunch of roller coasters, watch dozens of shows, and participate in countless activities anytime I want, and as often as I want from March through December.  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 03:42:14 PM »
thats right!! ;D

Makayna

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2010, 09:41:27 AM »
Getting in a little late on the discussion, but the difference between SDC and 6 Flags is that SDC has FREE parking, whereas you have to pay what, $20 a car just to park at 6 Flags?!  And then they don't even have a tram that takes you straight to the gate... you have to walk.  Granted, their parking lot is a lot more compacted, so it's not quite as long of a hike as it would be from some of the SDC parking lots, but still.  Right there is some of the difference in cost between SDC and 6 Flags.  If you take that into consideration, then the cost of the two parks is much more in sync.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2010, 09:51:52 AM »
SDC has an atmosphere and an at home feel, that I never got at any of the six flags parks. In fact, after going to SDC, the six flags parks are a real letdown, so I'm not sure that comparing them is really fair to six flags. Sure, the other parks are fun, but they are not Silver Dollar City. I'm not sure if it's the music or the memories of spending time there with my late grandparents, or what. I've been to Disneyland, and it was nice, but it's still not SDC.

To you guys, what is it that makes Silver Dollar City what it is? this may be covered in another thread. If it was
just shoot me a link.

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2010, 10:22:43 AM »
     I think that the season pass price is more than fair. It has gone up with inflation. I have been to SDC every year of my life, and will continue going there because they have a unique theme that sets themselves apart from Six Flags, Disney World, and other theme parks around the country.

However, I think that the individual ticket prices are ridiculous! Many of the people who visit the Disney properties in Orlando/Los Angeles have money to spare. If you look at the cost of living in those places, $80 for a one day ticket is right in line with what they should be charging. However, a lot of the people who come to Branson are camping or staying in cheap hotels. These are advantages that Branson has over LA and Orlando. Try finding a $30 hotel or a $9 campsite in one of those places that you would actually be willing to stay at.

This is not to say that some people don't spend a lot of money when they are here. But most people don't want to throw down $202 just to get their family of four past the gate! Unless you've been to SDC before, you're not gonna be able to resist their $6 funnel cakes and other tempting treats. The fact that people will make an all-day event (or two day if they got the "deal" available at most resorts) guarantees food and drink sales. I would suggest a tiered ticket pricing structure. Depending on how many tickets you buy,  you get to save money.

As an example, you are bringing a family of four. Your first ticket is $56. Your second one is $51. Your third (child) ticket is $39. Your fourth (child) ticket is $38. That's $184 instead of $202. You will spend the difference on food and drinks...easily!

What I did here is full price, $5 savings, $6 savings, $7 savings. Obviously, they would want to limit how much you saved for subsequent tickets (probably a max of $7 savings per ticket). Also, to curtail abuse of these savings, they could permit no more than 8 tickets per transaction. If you happen to have a group of 9-14 people...sorry. Groups of 15 or more people get a special rate already. This is something that would make almost everyone happy. Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:57:14 AM by Nate65807 »
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2010, 10:26:25 AM »
No matter how hard you try, you simply cannot adequately compare Six Flags to Silver Dollar City. It just can't be done. Silver Dollar City is so much more than roller coasters, and strangers dressed up in fuzzy character costumes. Silver Dollar City, albeit a theme park, is still a real working community as far as I am concerned.

Just to watch the talented craftsmen perform their magic, and to wrap yourself up in the warm history of the Ozarks, and to interact with the street performers who work so hard to put a smile on your face. Ticket prices are ticket prices. However, you don't go to Silver Dollar City, you experience it. That is something that I consider to be priceless. :)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2010, 10:28:32 AM »
Welcome to the forums, Nate. I like your ideas. It is a little steep for my family of 5 to go to SDC. This might be something that helps.

Nate65807

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
Thank you, Okiebluegrass. It just doesn't seem right to charge so much when all of the stuff inside the park is expensive as well. Although I did discover that you can save money and eat healthy at SDC. By the Barn Swing they have a fruit stand that sells apples, bananas, etc, for $1. What a great way to tide you over and save some money.

Ozark BBQ, you are so right! The employees are WAY more welcoming and entertaining than any other "theme park" in the country. And rides are hardly the main attraction, there really is something for everyone here. However, I really hope that the ticket prices do not prevent other people from discovering this place that I have known and enjoyed my whole life.
Nate
"I'm not an extraordinary man. But when I put my mind to it,
I'm like Hercules meets Michael Bolton. I can go the distance"

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 04:18:13 PM »
well I got a big suprise today.  I have ordered season passes on Wednesday for my adult children to be picked up at the gate Saturday. I paid $98 apiece for them. I went to my local credit union today annd found out I could get them there for $78 apiece. That is one heck of a difference to be buying them direct from the company.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »
oh, thats not good.. :o

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »
I bought my Season Pass tickets during the off season, and got them for a cheaper price. I want to say it was in the range of 70 something dollars versus the full price of 90 something dollars now.