Author Topic: Single Day Ticket Prices (and other things)  (Read 18909 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Single Day Ticket Prices (and other things)
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2010, 09:14:12 AM »
that sounds right ozark.  I think i bought my tickets n january-  70-71 each (as i remember). Pretty cheap entertainment for all year!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2010, 09:50:48 AM »
I got mine in either November or December last year, and with tax and online ordering fee, came up to about $72.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2010, 11:20:14 AM »
sounds rightt\..

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2010, 09:03:16 PM »
Compare the price of a season pass to a ticket to a professional sporting event. The season pass looks like a pretty sweet deal to me.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 10:35:03 PM »
So I have a question if anyone has done this or not. Has anyone bought a two day ticket for the price of one and have one person use it one day and then the next day someone else.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2011, 07:45:39 AM »
I have heard if that being done, even though that is not what the 2 for 1 was intended for.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »
Some background to help my reply to the topic make sense:  I have no desire to do Disney.  Ever.  For any reason.  Not my thing.  I have been to SF (St. Louis) three times.  I had some fun as a kid (seeing the woman lose her top on Tom's Twister was an interesting experience for a teenaged boy), but nothing there appeals to me as an adult.  I don't do coasters.  At SDC, I do the train, the Flooded Mine, the Lost River; I will try the River Blast later this year (Lord willin' an' the crick don' rise).

I go to SDC for the memories, the atmosphere, the crafts, the food, the shows.  My wife is the same.  The boys don't do anything more harsh than FiTH; they will ride the rides I do a dozen times, however.

During years we can only get there once, I don't mind paying the current one-day price.  Compared to most other things, it's a bargain.  This year, we could get down several times.  The Season Passes were a steal for us.  Twice so far, twice more next month, more yet in September/October, and at least once to OTC all in the works.

Not long ago, I spent almost $100 taking the four of us to a (mediocre) movie.  So, for about three movies, I can take 'em to SDC, feed 'em, buy some stuff, and have MUCH more fun, on the one-day pass. 

Sure, in a perfect world, SDC would be cheaper, but, given the alternatives, SDC still seems to be by far the best way to spend my money.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 07:32:02 PM »
My family and I have season pass. The thing we ran into was when sometimes we have friends that have never been to SDC they have a hard time paying the ticket price. So the thought was by two tickets the two days for the price of one and the. The adults go one day and the. The kids were going to go the next. To me it seemed that as long as you get a person in the park it works out. It just happened that a couple people had said that they were really kinda watching that at the gate. And was curious if anyone had done that before

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
^They usually ask for an ID when you go through the turnstiles and check that the names match. It would probably work out better if you found them BAFs.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2011, 09:32:29 PM »
So those tickets have signature lines on it

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »
jmc, let us know when you are planning on taking friends, and maybe we can help you out ;) ;)

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
thanks
I find it odd that they check those but the BAF tickets they are not as worried about
oh well
thanks for the offer