Author Topic: season passes for 2011 season  (Read 2929 times)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
season passes for 2011 season
« on: October 10, 2010, 02:51:24 PM »
Dumb question, but when is it announced that they go on sale. I would like to be aboard the train for that time.....I just gotta know how long I have to save the amount needed to procure the passes......cuz well I like the perks that come along with the passes that you buy when they first come out.....and I am rambling, shutting up now.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: season passes for 2011 season
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »
They will go on sale in November.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 07:17:55 PM »
yes,  anytime soon...   

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »
They should be around 80.00, buy them before the first of the year and you will get the gree passes so you can bring in friends for free,  Its a great deal, I do think every year.

crossinmo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:26 PM »
Anybody else wish SDC would change the format of their season passes?  I would like them to be more substantial, instead of the flimsy "card" that they are now. 

I know cost is the determining factor in their current design, but I have had to have all of my family's passes redone this year, and the line on Saturday to have them reprinted was out of control...and a minor issue...the new ones do not have the 50th Anniversary design.   :'(

I had a SF season pass several years ago, and it was a nice plastic card printed with my name and picture on it, similar to a drivers' license.   

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:00:09 AM »
Yes, it would be great if the season passes were sturdier.  My husband had to have his replaced 3 times this year because of scanning issues.  The citizens working the gate told him there had been a lot of problems this year. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 01:25:34 PM »
laminated cards would be great, But they ask us NOT to do that.   I put mine in one of those plastic sheaths out of an old wallet.....  when i go to the city i put my drivers license on 1 side and the SDC pass on the other.. carry them together and leave my wallet/checkbook in the trunk of the car..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »
I don't see why they don't upgrade to the "credit card style" passes.
Since they no longer use the "run the pass through" machines like Disney has, what is the excuse to no upgrade to something more permanent?
SWOOSH

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 08:51:27 PM »
I vote for radio-frequency identification (RFID) chips like the ones pets get it ID them if they runaway. No hassle of reprinting or even scanniing. This way I can not worry about my license and pass, I could just walk in.