Author Topic: Need help with a childhood Silver Dollar City memory!  (Read 3347 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Need help with a childhood Silver Dollar City memory!
« on: October 08, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
Don't you hate it when there is a quirky puzzle in your head that you simply cannot find a solution to? For the past several days I have been waging a battle in my head between childhood memories, and reality. So I have come here for the experts to set me straight! ;)

As a child visiting Silver Dollar City, I can remember so vividly the old toy store being positioned just around the corner from the old tree house. If my foggy memory is correct, it seems like the old toy store used to be in what is now Christmas Hollow. ???

So my question is, did the old toy store used to be in the middle of the park somewhere, or am I just going crazy? :-X
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:41:31 AM by Ozark BBQ »

Twinsmom98

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Re: Need help with a childhood Silver Dollar City memory!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:24:19 PM »
There use to be a doll shop on the corner down the Hannah's Ice Cream parlor.  It was changed into A glass shop but I can't remember right now what it is now.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
The toy store used to be the site of the present "Christmas Hallow". 
Vote to end 2020!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »
In that Toy Store if I remember correctly there was a little door for us little ones to go in.
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »
Yup, where Christmas Hollow is now. The old toy shop sold many wooden toys, had that special door for kids, and one of the craftsmen did storytelling and demonstrated various toys. Remember the old wooden train whistles you could get on park? The old doll shop on Main Street sold Raggedy Ann and Andy, and many apple head dolls. Days gone down, now!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:54:52 PM »
Remember the old wooden train whistles you could get on park?

I do remember those! They were still selling them the last time I checked, which of course was probably ten years ago! :D