Author Topic: Corporate decision takes away season pass privileges  (Read 3774 times)

Mine Rider

• View Profile
Corporate decision takes away season pass privileges
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »
Last year and years before, a Dollywood Gold season pass
would get the holder into SDC and WW which made it very
good for the ones who would travel to both places.  Now in
a corporate decision they made it to only 50% off of a one
day admission to both SDC and WW.  I figured that since both
places were owned by the same people they would try to
incorporate family travel without buying a separate season
pass.
 I'm sure they weren't losing any money due to the fact that guests spend almost the cost of a whole days admission in the park for food, games, crafts and etc.  I hope there are others feel the way I do and send them an email to let them
know that we're not happy. :(

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Corporate decision takes away season pass privileges
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »
Meh, it was a great deal, but it's up to them whether they want to offer it or not. I mean, two parks for one price? That's pretty sweet, regardless of how few people were actually able to take advantage of it.

It's still a pretty nice deal to get half-off the SDC admission price, and it makes more business sense. I don't see how this is anything to complain about.

Johnny Boy

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • ...What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:41:57 AM »
I don't see why SDC and Dollywood shouldn't share Season Passes. They are a "chain".
I doubt whatever the reason, it's not money. Six Flags allows season passes holders to
go to every SF in the US, Canada, and Mexico, and SF is famous for being a penny pincher.
I went to dollywood last fall. MM was pretty sweet, but there was nothing else really to do there, so i just rode MM 3 times and left the park. Pretty lame if ask me :-[

Dukefan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 02:13:59 PM »
MM was pretty sweet, but there was nothing else really to do there, so i just rode MM 3 times and left the park. Pretty lame if ask me :-[

What? 

Old Guy

• Citizen
  • The Author as a Boy
    • View Profile
    • Withe and Stone
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 04:04:14 PM »
Dollywood is a limited partnership with Dolly P. who takes a share of the profits there but not from SDC. Thus season passes from SDC would not give Dolly her Share. Hence the discount of SDC's share.
"Loved on Four Contenents!"