Author Topic: Top Ten SDC False Daydreams  (Read 3242 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
Top Ten SDC False Daydreams
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:08:52 PM »
With props and credit to MissinTheGreenTrams, I thought I would come up with this. Hope you like it!

Top Ten SDC False Daydreams

10. Having a blast with getting wet on American Plunge.....only to awaken to find yourself splashing in the bathtub!

9. Running around waterblasting people at SDC....only to awaken to find yourself at home and you just blasted your wife in her best dress and full makeup!

8. Walking down the hallway and laughing at Grandpa in the shower....only to awaken and find you ARE really  laughing at YOUR Grandpa in the shower!

7. Riding in a golf cart and telling your golf buddy that you love being the passenger in the taxi. (Whoops....that's a Worlds of Fun joke.....)

6. Laughing at all of the crazy and out of control water squirting and roaring in the Flooded Mine....only to awaken and find yourself in your flooded basement!

5. Looking at the train light coming right at you in the FITH...only to awaken and find yourself coming face to face with a REAL train light and you wondering how you got the car on railroad tracks!! (Dont worry, folks....he gets away and no one got hurt!)

4. Telling a person at SDC you cant believe you're standing at the Wilderness Church where Granny Moses stood....only to awaken and find yourself telling that to your very puzzled and bewildered reverend!

3. Standing in SDC telling your wife how you love the smell of that asphalt.....only to awaken and find yourself standing next to a big, burly construction worker and in the middle of the newly laid asphalt for the new road!

2. Flirting with one of the Saloon girls and overcomplimenting her on her costume.....only to awaken and find yourself face to face with your very mad and steaming wife spinning her wedding ring!

And the Number One SDC False Daydream....

Arm bumping your best friend next to you and pointing out that the Mine convicts look pretty corny and lame....only to awaken and find yourself face to face with REAL convicts and your best friend is the baddest man in the whole jail!

:o :o :o :o :o :o
Andymeets1880s

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Top Ten SDC False Daydreams
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 05:41:29 PM »
your a hoot. great chuckle. I got one for you

dreaming that you are shooting balls at gyser gulch and you wake up shooting a potato gun thru your neighbors windows.....oops.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 07:16:10 PM »
Pulling up to pick up the wife, driving in a big circle like I'm driving the tram. (please wait until the vehicle comes to a complete stop, driver when your clear)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 07:29:04 AM »
ok.  so i am walking throught the hospiality house, nod to the lady working on the stringed intruments, walk past the honey and jam selection look overe toward the man that makes tghe "name signs"....  Blink my eyes and then realize i am home at Walmart,,,, :-[ :-\ :'(

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 10:46:09 AM »
1. Listening to the beautiful music at McHaffie’s Homestead - Only to realize your playing an old worn out cassette tape of knock off bluegrass music.

2. Sampling the delicious peanut brittle at Brown’s Candy Factory - Only to realize your chewing on a half eaten, and stale PayDay candy bar.

3. Skipping across the Swinging Bridge - Only to realize your on a real bridge, and there’s an earthquake!

4. Watching a craftsmen demonstrate his talent on the duplicating lathe - Only to realize you are watching a buddy push buttons on a photo copier machine.

5. Eating a wonderful lunch at Aunt Polly’s Fried Chicken - Only to realize your eating a greasy, and overcooked chicken wing at KFC.

6. Putting out the blaze onboard Fire in the Hole - Only to realize your kitchen stove has caught on fire, and there are no nearby Baldknobbers to blame!

7. Taking a ride on The Giant Swing - Only to realize your on a swing set at the local city park, and the upset neighborhood kids want their swing back.

8. Drooling over all of the delicious flavors at Hannah’s Ice Cream Factory - Only to realize your standing in the frozen dessert aisle at Wal-Mart.

9. Exploring the hidden caverns of Marvel Cave - Only to realize you forgot to pay the light bill, and the power just went out inside of your house.

10. Enjoying a scenic ride onboard the Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train - Only to realize your onboard the parking lot tram at Silver Dollar City. (Wait, that may not be such a bad daydream after all! :D)

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 08:41:18 PM »
10.  You're sitting in the Opera House watching Dickens' Christmas Carol and eating a smore, but wake to find that you're watching the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" on TV and half a throw pillow is gone.

9.  You're riding the Lost River, getting bounced around and splashed, but wake to find that a tornado has blown the roof off your house and it's raining in your living room.

8.  You're taking a woodcarving class at SDC, but wake to find yourself sitting at the dining room table with a butcher knife in your hand and a big hole in the table.

7.  You've been called up to help with the glass blowing demonstration, but awaken when one of the balloons you've been blowing up for your daughter's birthday party pops.

6.  You're taking pictures of the kids in the SDC Jail, but awake to the screaming of your baby who has gotten his head caught in the bars of his crib.

5.  You're riding on the Flooded Mine Shootout, having just achieved your all-time high score, but awake to find yourself standing with a pellet gun in your hand amidst a shambles of broken pictures, plates, glasses, and your wife giving you that "if looks could kill" look.   

4.  You and your family are on the American Plunge and have just come down the chute into the splashdown pool when you awake to find that in driving your family to a swimming outing, you have driven your car right into the lake.

3.  You're enjoying watching your little boy dip a candle into the vats at the Candle shop, but you awake to the sound of your wife scolding your child for playing with her tampons in the toilet.

2.  You're immensely enjoying a mouthful of one of those fabulous funnel cakes, but you awake to the sound of your fishing buddies' laughter as you slowly notice you're holding a big hand full of worms. 

1.  You're showing the kids how to milk one of the goats in the petting zoo behind the homestead, but awake to find the kids and the dog giving you strange looks.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:09:26 PM »
Zephon....#3 about made me shoot a mouth full of water all over my keyboard-out my nose.

This whole thread reminds me of one of my favorite short stories of all time The Secrert Lifer of Walter Mitty by James Thurber.

If you haven't checked it out...give it a try, it is quick, and rather entertaining (and a bit scary) to those of us who actuall have this happen to them regularly.   

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/movies/thurber.html
(It was also a film made in 1947 starring Danny Kaye that is in the works of being remade by Mike Myers in 2012-originally it had Jim Carrey slated as Walter...)