Author Topic: CC to become Wild Adventures?  (Read 16104 times)

CJR

• View Profile
CC to become Wild Adventures?
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:05:00 PM »
My dad was email a survey from HFEC that talked about the concept of Wild Adventures (a park HFEC purchased last year).  Well at the end of the survey it said that the park would be built on the current site of Celebration City.  This could be CC's last season.

From what I saw in the drawings, Thunderbolt and The Stinger will be staying.  I don't remember seeing Wildcat, but I'm sure it'll stay because they would have to be completely stupid to take that out.  The concept art looked very promising.  There will also be an aquarium right next to it should this happen as the survey said.  This is by no means official, but since it was in a survey of theirs, they are definitely considering it.

I like the concept, but do not want to see CC go.  I liked that concept too and believe they never let it go to it's potential.  Really, it is just a glorified carnival mixed in the trees with The Wildcat, good entrance area, and a great firework show.  It could have been so much more if they put the money into it like it looks like they will with Wild Adventures.  Still, at least something top knotch is coming out way!  Or, at least, it looks like it is coming our way!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: CC to become Wild Adventures?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:39:32 PM »
Hmm, if they are planning on restructuring the park to be more of a collection of attractions like a zoo and aquarium then I think they're in for another round of disappointments. CC hasn't done so well so far, but it's coming back to life slowly but surely. A few more seasons with a few good additions and it'll be profiting at least.

I still disagree that it's a 'glorified carnival'. I mean, how many carnivals have such high-class theming, good restaurants, shows, and shops? Believe me, the place may not be Disneyland, but for a park it's size, it sure is a keeper.

I really don't see them downsizing the park though, unless they are sure that profit is unobtainable. At this point, the only way to success is to move forward with more new shows, shops, and family-friendly attractions, as anything less would lead to more stagnation.

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 10:19:31 PM »
Yeah, "glorfied carnival" was bad wording on my part.  What I meant by that is not as good as its sister park SDC.  While I do understand SDC has been around a lot longer, there's no doubt in my mind that they didn't invest in CC as much as they originally intended to.  If they want SDC's draw, which I have a feeling they do, they need to put in SDC effort.  The Stinger, as great as it is, dosn't compair to The Giant Swing, The Grand Exposition, or any other additions made to SDC.  They could also use a few more indoor things to give people a reason to stay when it's raining.  Really though, they should just invest money into CC and make it SDC level rather than build a complete new park that would also be SDC's level (and cost even more dollars to build). 

Right now, its obvious that they promote and treat CC (and even White Water) secondary to SDC and they would probably be a lot more successful if they treated them all like world class parks.  I mean, as you said, they aren't Disneyland, but they don't need to be another Six Flags either.  I put HFEC above Six Flags and all parks like them, because I think they're better, unfortuantely CC isn't like SDC or Dollywood, but it can be if they invest in it properly.

That all said, they are definitely considering overhauling it if they are sending out surveys about it.  Hopefully they don't go through with it because I like CC's era themes.  Still, they are definitely considering it.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 08:43:51 PM »
For CC or WW to get up to a SDC type level they would have to gain a lot more land. Something I know that White Water does not have. But Celebration City I am not sure about. How much more land or "growing room" does CC have?
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 10:47:05 PM »
CC has a lot.  The basically own everything out to the "new" parking entrance that they never really finished
SWOOSH

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 11:46:44 PM »
At the moment, I can only say that concept art they showed made the area look about twice the size of the current CC.  For a zoo-like place, it would almost have to be.  I'm not sure where people would park by looking the drawings.  I will say though that it is, just that, concept art.  I'll say that 100% of the time, the end product turns out to be very different from what is drawn.  Not to mention, the survey only was considering it.  Although, I am sure it won't get rated badly seeing how great the art looked.

I wish I had a link I could give you to the survey, but my dad never sent me a copy of the email.  I'll try to see if he can find it.  Although I am not sure if you can actually take the survey without being invited by HFEC.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 11:48:15 PM by CJR »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »
Maybe if you could just give us a screen shot of the art-work?

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »
My dad deleted the email and I couldn't find anything in a search, but I still continue looking.  Believe me when I say that I would like to see it again myself.  It was pretty late (1:30am) at night when he showed me so I wasn't thinking good enough to say "forward me the survey".  I'm not sure why I didn't get the survey myself since I am on SDC's mailing list.  I'm hoping some how a good Google search will pull it up, but so far I haven't had much luck.  I'll keep on trying though.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »
Yeah, I'm their mailing list, too, and I used to get the surveys, but I haven't been sent one in AGES.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
Did no one else get the one that was just sent out over the holiday shows?

CJR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 10:28:43 PM »
The last survey I got from them (I always take them when I get them  ;D ) was asking about potential festivals for Celebration City.  Obviously, the fall festival was one of them that got support.  I know I'm on their list still because I got an email last week from them advertising 'The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything'. 

I haven't had any luck so far finding the survey.  If I find it though, I guarantee you that I'll post a link or screenshots.  It seems like my dad is the only one who got it (at least that I know of).  I do know he got it though, because I saw him taking it myself while I ranted how much I dislike the idea of bulldozing CC after putting all that effort in building it in the first place.

tlg588

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 05:39:19 PM »
Looks like this could be true.

Barreloflaughs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 05:18:27 PM »
CC does have low attendance sometimes, but it doesn't seem like it's losing money. It does much better business than Mutton Hollow or Branson USA ever did.
Lost my leg on the Powder Keg!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 04:24:45 PM »
Oh man, this would have been perfect for CC -> http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1156
Too late now, unless they want to make it part of their new package.

Anything being passed around about the new development? I had heard earlier that they are planning to keep everything under wraps through the 2009 season, but I'm sure they've been doing some investigations into resorts, shopping, ect.

themeparkguy

• Jr. Citizen
  • My mind is always at a theme park
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 11:15:17 AM »
If they are reopening in the 2010/2011 season when would we hear the first announcments of the concept. Since nothing has been forthcoming- are we looking at a 2 to 3 year delay before opening.