Author Topic: what do you think about Silver Dollar city having a twitter acct  (Read 3379 times)

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
what do you think about Silver Dollar city having a twitter acct
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »
So after seeing the news I am curious what all other SDC people think about the twitter?

I am sorry but I think that this is the  last thing they need to do. I understand the need to stay current but twittter really.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:57:56 PM by jmc75 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: what do you think about Silver Dollar city having a twitter acct
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:04:15 PM »
It's just another easy way to connect with people and spread their online influence. There's no reason not to have a Twitter feed as it barely adds to their online efforts and provides yet another point of contact with millions of potential customers.

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 07:47:27 PM »
Whether you follow Twitter or not, they have almost a Corporate responsibility to take the account name before anyone else does...and does damage under that assumed name.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
It does not bother me either way. I don't do the Twitter thing, just don't see an advantage to it. So it does not matter. If it helps the company promote itself and potentially keep revenue coming in or increasing, I don't blame them for doing it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
Silver Dollar City itself may be themed after the 1880’s, but the Herschend Family Entertainment company is a modern cooperation who strives to use every means possible to get the word out about their terrific parks.

Twitter is simply another tool in this effort. Years ago, the company would used letters, or word of mouth to advertise their product. In the 21st Century however, the internet has revolutionized the way companies do business. I think it is a great idea! Silver Dollar City already has an official Facebook page. :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:19:13 PM by Ozark BBQ »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 01:21:51 AM »
I think it's a great idea, because then people who follow the account can re-tweet their tweets and then people who get those re-tweets can re-tweet them, and soon enough, you've got a few hundred people who have learned about SDC who otherwise may never have heard about it.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 03:23:19 AM »
Twitter is mostly dead except for celebrity gossip. For most other users, it got really old, really quickly.

That said, yes, SDC should use Twitter, just like they use Facebook, and a website, and email, and even -*gasp!*- telephones and electricity.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 03:24:30 AM by KBCraig »

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 03:15:24 PM »
I didn't think they had telephones and electricity in the Ozarks in 1880.  :o
Just kidding. Don't use twitter so it doesn't matter to me either way

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 08:56:49 PM »
Probably a good promotional tool.  i dont twitter, so it wont affect me either way..  I watch the SDC on facebook.. just in case something comes up...