Author Topic: A Detailed Discussion: Food/Drinks  (Read 19214 times)

pintrader

Re: A Detailed Discussion: Food/Drinks
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »
When you walk out of the Barn Swing-Wilson Farm area toward River Blast. The homemade ice cream stand is right in the middle of the street.  I guess they don't want anyone to miss it because you can walk on either side of it.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2010, 10:30:59 PM »
What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?   Wagon Works - love the tomato soup

Least favorite?  n/a

What is your favorite concession-type food place? Does Delilahs count for this?

Least favorite? any place with Dippin Dotsf

What is your favorite drink cart/etc?   frozen lemonade (summer) hot chocolate with the works (fall/winter)

Least favorite?  cappacino is not that great; love wassail, but they need to tweek the recipe a bit

What is your favorite shop/stand for food?  the one that sells Family Feud succotash

Least favorite?  n/a

What are your favorite festival foods and drinks? smores and hot chocolate

Least favorite?  don't have any

What food/drink related places/items would you omit if you were in charge?  dippin dots, jerky

What food/drink related places/items would you add if you were in charge?  more old fashioned drink bottles in barrels - such as sasparillo, rc, cream sodas, root beer

Would you be interested in being quoted in a "Fandom Entreaty" to be compiled and sent to SDC (this "Fandom Entreaty," when finished, would first be posted in full to SDCFans)?  sure

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 04:48:12 PM »
What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? I would have to say Mollys Mill is the better of the sit down.

Least favorite? I cant think of its name but it is near I want to say the opera theater......it was lousy earlier this summer and the ladies were grouchy.

What is your favorite concession-type food place? Funnel Cake baby!.

Least favorite? Easy. That tater on a stick place. Who are they kidding. It is fried tater slices on a stick. Dumb

What is your favorite drink cart/etc? Any of the Icee stops!
Least favorite? The concession smack next to the saloon. Booooorriinnng

What is your favorite shop/stand for food (Candy Factory, Sullivan's Mill, Apple Butter, Jerky, Honey, etc)? As I usually dont shop at any of these places.....I dont have a fave. I appriciate all of them.

What are your favorite festival foods and drinks? I heart the corn bowl. I dont think it is festive though. Its festival in your mouth!!! So does that count?

What food/drink related places/items would you omit if you were in charge? I would omit cotton candy. Its useless.

What food/drink related places/items would you add if you were in charge?  I dont know what would be just uber amazing.

Would you be interested in being quoted in a "Fandom Entreaty" to be compiled and sent to SDC (this "Fandom Entreaty," when finished, would first be posted in full to SDCFans)? sure go ahead. I dont mind one bit!

The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
OK>  question, i was cruising SDC site and read this "Season Pass Holder Savings! Don't forget, Silver Dollar City Season Pass Holders can bring friends for less, and get great discounts on meals throughout the park! "  I wasnt aware of disounts for season pass holders, and i dont see any details anywhere ont he site about it..  Anybody out there have details for me...  sorry no favorite and not favorites but this discussion was for food and drink....

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2010, 09:23:14 PM »
Show your season pass and get a 10% discount at any of the restaurants on park.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 06:42:21 AM »
Thanks for the answer.. I buy passes and use them on the Belle, but did not know about food discount!..   I wish they would give the pass holders a substantial disount at the Dixie Stampede.....

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 10:05:05 AM »
there used to be a restaurant that had a waterfall that was really close to grandfather's mansion. In 1995 when my sister was 12, she got really sick and threw up on me. I'm talking poltergeist, spinning head, projectile etc (sorry about the image) therefore qualifying that restaurant as my least favorite. Does anyone remember the name of that place, I want to say Aunt Polly's chicken or the waterfall restaurant. Which one is right?

On the Plus side, SDC was the first place I had frozen lemonade. We had a huge etched glass mug that had our last name engraved on it on one side and the SDC logo on the other side. Will they still refill those? If so, can someone tell me how much it costs?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 10:08:29 AM »
The restaurant you are thinking about was probably then known as the Springhouse, or it could be another one around the corner from the mansion called then Jack & Mary's. If they served big muffeletta sandwiches and pie, it was Jack and Mary's. If they served hot foods including some pretty good spaghetti, it was the Springhouse.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 10:10:03 AM »
By the way, the frozen lemonaide is still there. It seems like it might be three to five bucks for a cup. They have a frozen lemonaide stand next to the railroad tracks behind the flooded mine.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 10:11:23 AM »
come to think of it, if you are referring to the restaurant by the big, big waterfall...that's the lumbercamp, and they served hamburgers and cheeseburgers during that period of time. Pretty good ones, too.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 10:52:53 AM »
Pretty sure it was springhouse. IT used to have a waterfall that may have been part of the one by grandfather's mansion. I remember when I was about 14 I was arguing with my dad, and he told me to come over there to look at something by the waterfall and he shoved my head under it.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2010, 10:17:13 AM »
I would definitely purchase a ticket for an "after closing" dinner with or w/o the entertainment.  I remember when The Mine Restaurant served a bar-be-que dinner family style that started with a huge pickle and wedge of cheese and ended with a dessert cart.  A steak dinner or something like the Mine used to offer would be a great experience - worth paying for!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
dinner and a show..  sounds like a possibility.... :-\

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 08:03:24 AM »
Dinner and a show idea was tried out in 1983 in Echo Hollow...it bombed.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 08:53:56 AM »
It seems like I recall seeing a photograph of the old dinner theater at Echo Hollow on one of the recent threads, oh wait, it was this thread on page two! ;D

Dinner theaters are a great concept, but Silver Dollar City would really have to “hit a home run” to compete with the evening shows on the strip.