Author Topic: New Survey  (Read 7415 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
New Survey
« on: September 01, 2010, 12:12:59 PM »
Here are the questions for those of you that did not/ have not received the most recent HFEC survey...A bit longer than the usual, but there were some great questions on here.

Have you ever visited Branson, MO?

Which of the following, if any, Branson attractions have you ever visited?
 Silver Dollar City  
 Ride the Ducks  
 Showboat Branson Belle  
 Dixie Stampede  
 Branson Landing  
 Tanger Outlet Mall  
 The Tracks  
 Presley's Mountain Jubilee  
 Baldknobbers  
 Andy Williams  
 None of the Above

When was your last visit to Silver Dollar City?
 July-August 2010  
 March-May 2010  
 In 2009  
 In 2008 or before  

What days of the week did you visit this past summer?
 Sunday-Tuesday  
 Wednesday-Thursday  
 Friday-Saturday

Using a 5-point scale where 1 = very unimportant and 5 = very important; please rate how important the following aspects are to you when determining whether to visit an attraction in Branson or not:
 A place that has been recommended to me      
 A place that has something for everyone in my family      
 A place that offers a good value for the dollar      
 A place where I feel safe enough to let my kids run and play      
 A relaxing experience      
 A sense of history or culture      
 A thrilling experience      
 A unique experience      
 Knowledgeable and friendly employees      
 New rides, exhibits or experiences that frequently change

Which of the following, if any, leisure attractions or activities, if any, have you visited this year (2010)?
 Traditional community pool  
 Recreational complex with a large pool that has a variety of water activities, slides, etc.  
 Movie theater  
 Bowling Alley  
 Fair  
 Festival  
 None of the Above  

How many times have you or members of your family visited a recreational water complex /community center in 2010?

Using the scale provided, please rate your overall level of satisfaction with your experience at the last Recreational complex you visited this year:
 Very dissatisfied  
 Somewhat dissatisfied  
 Neutral  
 Somewhat satisfied  
 Very satisfied

Did your visit to the recreational complex replace a visit to White Water?
 Yes  
 No

Using the scale provided, please indicate how likely you will be to visit this same recreational water complex/community center next year:
 Very unlikely  
 Somewhat unlikely  
 Neutral  
 Somewhat likely  
 Very likely

Are you familiar with the White Water water park in Branson, MO?
Yes  
 No

How would you describe White Water to a friend or family member who was not familiar with it?

Using a 10-point scale, please indicate how likely you are to visit White Water next summer?

Now we would like to show you some television ads which will involve streaming video. You must have Microsoft Media Player installed to watch the ads. Please take a moment to watch and review this advertisement and answer the questions that follow.
youtube.com    video: SDC_WWB_YQCD9001000_30.mov
Have you seen this ad in your area?

When was the last time you visited White Water?
Earlier this year (2010)  
 Last year (2009)  
 2 years ago (2008)  
 3+ years ago (2007 or before)  

Have you visited Branson in the past 3 years?
Yes  
 No  

When was your last visit to Branson?
 Earlier this year (2010)  
 Last year (2009)  
 2+ years ago (2008 or before)  

Where did you stay on your last visit to Branson?
 Hotel/Motel  
 Timeshare/Condo  
 Campground/RV Park  
 Friends/Family  
 B & B/ Resort/ Cottage  
 Other  

Did you use the pool at the place you stayed?
 No, my lodging accommodations did not have a pool  
 No, no one in my party used the pool on that visit  
 Yes, my party used the pool on that visit  

Using the scale provided, please rate your overall level of satisfaction with your experience at the last hotel pool in Branson your party used:
Very dissatisfied  
 Somewhat dissatisfied  
 Neutral  
 Somewhat satisfied  
 Very satisfied  

White Water is Branson's Beach within reach and offers speed water rides, family friendly tube rides, a lazy river and wave pool. Plus, Kalani Towers - the 6-lane Freefall and Racing thrill slide! This water park features the largest selection of water rides and water attractions in the Ozarks.
If you were visiting Silver Dollar City next summer, how likely would you be to visit White Water's Night Water that evening (after 5pm) if you could purchase a "same-evening" water park ticket for only $15 per person:
   1 = Very Unlikely  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10 = Very Likely  

If you were visiting Silver Dollar City next summer, how likely would you be to take another day to visit White Water 10am - 7pm during that same week if you could purchase a water park "add-on" ticket for $35 per person:

Below you will find two different product concept ideas that White Water is considering for the future. Please review each of the ideas below and respond to the questions that follow.

White Water announces its' biggest expansion ever! An all new sun and fun area and lazy, crazy river! Spend the whole day relaxing on the meandering river complete with watery surprises like sprays, fountains and geysers or enjoy the numerous water-filled activities that populate the river bank. Either way, this watery oasis is the perfect tropical escape.
• Zero entry lazy river
• Carved tiki-style animals
• Fountains, geysers, misters and bubblers throughout the lazy river
• Large shade canopies at water play area
• Shade cabanas

How likely would you be to visit White Water if the park introduced this new product concept with an admission price of $38?

Splash into the night with your family and friends during Night Water at White Water. 12 acres of tropical adventures, it's the coolest spot in Branson for sliding, splashing, swimming & more. Take a wild rafting ride at Ohana Falls as the daylight fades. Then dare to drop 75 feet in the dark on Kalani Towers! Or plunge into the night on Raging River Rapids! Then relax as you float under the stars on Lazy River. It's your favorite water rides like never before at Night Water! Come after 5 p.m. and experience the park in the dark while you surf the breakers all evening long.

How likely would you be to visit Night Water at White Water at an admission price of only $25 after 5pm.

How likely would you be to visit White Water all day and into the evening (10am-10pm) at an admission price of $38:

Which of the ideas presented above, if any, do you most prefer?
 Silver Dollar City guest Night Water Add-on for $15  
 Silver Dollar City guest White Water Add-on for $35  
 Stand Alone White Water Park Expansion for $38  
 Stand Alone Night Water Experience for $25  

Do you have any particular reason why you like this idea the best?

Using the scale provided, please indicate how likely you would be to purchase the following types of season passes to Silver Dollar City and/or White Water in 2011:
   Very Unlikely  Unlikely  Neutral  Likely  Very Likely  
 Likelihood of purchasing a season pass to Silver Dollar City by itself for $75      
 Likelihood of purchasing a season pass to White Water by itself for $75      
 Likelihood of purchasing a combination season pass to both Silver Dollar City and White Water for $120  

Assuming you purchased a Silver Dollar City pass next year, how likely would you be to purchase a White Water Season Pass "add-on" for $45?
 Very unlikely  
 Unlikely  
 Neutral  
 Likely  
 Very likely  

How do you expect the U.S. economy to perform the rest of this year?
Significantly worse  
 Somewhat worse  
 No change  
 Somewhat improve  
 Significantly improve

How, if at all, has your spending on household goods and services changed this year compared to last year?
 Spending a lot less  
 Spending a little less  
 Spending about the same  
 Spending a little more  
 Spending a lot more

Using a scale of 1 -5, where 1 = strongly disagree and 5 = strongly agree; please rate the degree to which you agree or disagree with each of the following statements:
   Strongly Disagree  Disagree  Neutral  Agree  Strongly Agree  
 I am employed now, but I am working in a job that pays less than I used to make      
 I/we are spending less on travel than we used to, but the cuts have not necessarily been a bad thing      
 I am more price selective than I used to be      
 I/we tend to visit fewer paid attractions when we travel these days compared to several years back      
 The economy really has not effected us at all--we're still traveling and spending as we always had      
 I am not worried about losing my job due to economic issues  

Do you have a landline phone number in your home?
 Yes  
 No  

How many people in your immediate party on your last visit to Silver Dollar City, including yourself, fall into the following age categories?
Under 4 years    
4 to 7 years    
8 to 11 years    
12 to 14 years    
15 to 17 years    
18 to 24 years    
25 to 34 years    
35 to 44 years    
45 to 54 years    
55 to 64 years    
65 to 74 years    
75+ years    

What year were you born?
19__

What is your zip code?

Are you?
Male  
 Female

Which of the following best describes your current employment status?
 Employed full-time  
 Employed part-time  
 Self-employed  
 Unemployed, but looking for work  
 Unemployed, but not looking for work  
 Not in the labor force  
 Retired  
 Other  

Which of the following ranges best approximate your household income?
  Under $25,000  
 $25,000 to $49,999  
 $50,000 to $74,999  
 $75,000 to $99,000  
 $100,000 to $124,999  
 $125,000 to $149,999  
 $150,000 or above  
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:15:14 PM by rubedugans »

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: New Survey
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:40:26 PM »
Sounds like a revamp for Whitewater may be in the works...or could it be that it's time to shut it down? Maybe they have seen the suggestions on this Website about combining WW with something like an aquarium at the old CC site? Could they also be considering putting in a resort or some type of lodging at the CC site? Hmmmm....guess we will have to wait and see...and it might be another few years before anything is announced or developed!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 07:47:32 PM »
as much as I try I cannot bring myself to be pleased with white water. its not all that exciting. I would not purchase a 35$ pass to go swimming. That to me is outragous. I know they have a high water bill so its a duh factor but still. After spending what is it 70-80$ on a season pass at SDC, I just dont have time or money to go to WW. Who needs to after SDC? Maybe I am just a party pooper but WW stinks on ice.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 07:57:20 PM »
Maybe I am just a party pooper but WW stinks on ice.

Only during the winter.  ;)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 03:17:31 PM »
From a history standpoint, WW was the first, yes, FIRST water park in Missouri! (Built in 1979, opened in 1980.) Let me tell you young uns, back in grandpa's day (MY younger days) WW was a fun and very cool place to hang out on a day off from SDC. Girl(s) in bikini(s)   that's (GIB for short!). Need Junior say more? The park around us was the magnet to attract the GIB's. Hmmmm...still is. However, when you are a family group, it's the attractions like the slides, wave pool, and lazy river that are the fun, and you are right...although everything there is nice, it would be GREAT to see an overall revamp. I still think that a combo package on the CC property offering a brand spankin' new WW with some rides, and maybe an aquarium, plus some shopping and shows would be fun.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

With the property they have at CC and the popularity of attractions like the great wold lodge they may have a stay and play up there sleeve's.
If they were able to pull one of those off with indoor and outdoor water activities and a cpl restaurants they could also buss people to SDC.  This would assist them with the parking.  I think it would be a draw.
White Water is old and tired as far as water parks go, its also land locked so they cant do much expansion.
What a neat concept to have a hotel and a water park SDC style.
Im dreaming

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »
Of the 4 major waterparks in the Missouri area (I'm including Schlitterbahn even though it is in KCK) - White Water is probably at the bottom.

1. Hurricane Harbor
2. Oceans of Fun
3. Schlitterbahn (due to lack of rides right now, but it will only get better)
4. White Water
SWOOSH

chitlins

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 07:56:07 PM »
I understand Whitewater has improved over the years but it still feels like the same park I visited 25 years ago as a grade schooler. It just seems so dated. The Florida parks blow it out of the water and that's the only parks we really think about taking our kids to, otherwise our local Boys and Girls club pool with water features does the trick.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 11:45:33 AM »
Until 2 years ago husband and I did the All City pass.  We got frustrated with WW.  Even with passes it generally took us 10 minutes or more to get through the gate.  Also, unless you arrived when WW opened, it was too hard to get tubes for Lazy River or for the Wave Pool or to find empty lounge chairs near the Lazy River or Wave Pool.  Lines were too long for the big slides (usually just had one open instead of operating both).  Concessions prices are too high and you can't bring in food or drink (not even water) at WW.  I have to admit that I haven't been to any other water parks so I have no idea how WW compares.  But we just couldn't justify the extra money anymore.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
White Water Bay in OKC is pretty much the same as you described. I believe they were originally owned by the same people. Can anybody confirm that? I thought there were 3. One is GA, One in OKC and One in Branson.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
Branson, OK City, Grand Prairie Texas...and I think Atlanta, too. SDC got into a disagreement with the co-owner they had invested with, and decided to sell off all the parks except for the one in Branson. Happened within three years of the founding of the Branson park in 1980.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »
I have season passes to the one here, so no reason to go while in Branson. They are still very much alike