Author Topic: A Detailed Discussion: Shops (inspired by Duelist!)  (Read 7510 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Re: A Detailed Discussion: Shops (inspired by Duelist!)
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2010, 11:16:32 PM »
Alright I figured I thought enough about this one that I would go ahead and answer...

What is your favorite craft-related shop? Pottery or Woodcarvers
Least favorite? Brooms

What is your favorite park (overall) merchandise shop? Apple Butter Shop
Least favorite?  White River Mercantile

What is your favorite ride (specifically) merchandise shop? Wildfire
Least favorite? Powderkeg

What shops would you omit if you were in charge? Outdoor Missouri

What shops would you add if you were in charge? I like the idea of store/ location with rotating craftsmen-similar to a year round crafts festival with a certain artists/ craftsmen showcased for a few days up to a few weeks regardless of festivals.

Would you be interested in being quoted in a "Fandom Entreaty" to be compiled and sent to SDC (this "Fandom Entreaty," when finished, would first be posted in full to SDCFans)? sure

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2010, 11:37:45 PM »
Okay, now it is my turn to buckle down, and answer these questions.  :)

What is your favorite craft-related shop?
Mountain Outfitters Gun, and Knife Shop. It may not be “crafty,” but for a guy it qualifies.

Least favorite?
That’s a tough choice because I hate to pick a least favorite out of all of the many talented craftsmen there.

What is your favorite park (overall) merchandise shop?
The General Store of course! Oh, but what about Brown’s Candy Factory, or Carrie’s Candles, or Cowboy Jepps, or Hazel's Blown, and Cut Glass Factory, or JJ Fiddlestick's Toy Store, or Phoebe Snapp Taffy. How could you possibly try to make me choose a favorite? :D

Least favorite?
Greene’s Wagon Trail Dolls. There is nothing that I dislike about the shop specifically, I just have no interest in the merchandise they sell.

What is your favorite ride (specifically) merchandise shop?
Inventor’s Warehouse at Wildfire of course!  ;D

Least favorite?
I do not have a least favorite. They are all about the same, and they all serve the purpose that they were intended for.

What shops would you omit if you were in charge?
White River Bath, and Body. I wouldn't necessarily omit it for negative reasons, it's simply just a store I could pass by, and still not miss it.

What shops would you add if you were in charge?
An online store! Yes, that’s cheating I know. ;)

Would you be interested in being quoted in a "Fandom Entreaty" to be compiled and sent to SDC (this "Fandom Entreaty," when finished, would first be posted in full to SDCFans)?
Sure.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 11:40:07 PM by Ozark BBQ »

pintrader

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 05:21:15 PM »
What is your favorite craft-related shop?
    Glassblowers or Woodcarvers

Least favorite?
    Railey Creek Broomworks

What is your favorite park (overall) merchandise shop?
    Hospitality House

Least favorite?
    Smokehouse Jerky & Sausage Company

What is your favorite ride (specifically) merchandise shop?
    Inventor's Warehouse at Wildfire

Least favorite?
    Tom & Huck's Everything You Need

What shops would you omit if you were in charge?
    Railey Creek Broom Works - Gill Wire Jewelry - Smokehouse Jerky & Sausage

What shops would you add if you were in charge?
    An online store - Bookstore - FITH merchandise shop

Would you be interested in being quoted in a "Fandom Entreaty" to be compiled and sent
    to SDC "this Fandom Entreaty," when finished, would first be posted in full to SDCFans)?

sure

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 10:07:51 PM »
I am a carnivore, and a fan of the Jerky stand, Anyone know how much is made on site (I assume less than 1%!) That might change my mind about it if they are simply emptying a bag of store bought jerky into a jar...

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 10:39:10 PM »
That's kind of why I selected it as my least favorite for the detailed discussion.  I'm guessing the same...that they only make about 1% of the jerky there.   Of all the "Land of Forgotten Crafts" stores left standing, I never knew why it was that one.
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »
Being that is opened in 88' that shows the growth in that area of the park. I would like to see that Root Beer/ Sarsaparilla man back. I went to a Civil War reenactment wherethey had a vendor/ family selling the similar stuff, it was close to what SDC used to have. I change my vote to that... I want homemade (or atleast semi homemade) drinks back at SDC. (no I am not saying build a still....Keep the moonshine to power the rides not the guests!)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 09:41:08 AM »
Being that is opened in 88' that shows the growth in that area of the park. I would like to see that Root Beer/ Sarsaparilla man back. I went to a Civil War reenactment wherethey had a vendor/ family selling the similar stuff, it was close to what SDC used to have. I change my vote to that... I want homemade (or atleast semi homemade) drinks back at SDC. (no I am not saying build a still....Keep the moonshine to power the rides not the guests!)

Amen! Great idea, Rube!
I'm Your Huckleberry

slow_walker

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
    • Rosey's Ramblings
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 01:21:10 AM »
What is your favorite craft-related shop? Carrie's Candles and the Candy Factory

Least favorite?  the TinType Shop (mainly because it makes me sad it's no longer the bookstore).

What is your favorite park (overall) merchandise shop? hard to choose, I love almost all of them

Least favorite?  the current version of the White River Mercantile. No one goes to SDC to buy fancy clothes.

What is your favorite ride (specifically) merchandise shop? the one across from the Saloon show, I believe it's PK. I love the rocks. I'm a rock hound.

Least favorite?  none

What shops would you omit if you were in charge?  I don't think I'd omit any of them, but I'd certainly like to change the merchandise in the White River Mercantile.

What shops would you add if you were in charge?  Bookstore!!!!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:22:42 AM by slow_walker »

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 01:38:49 PM »
most def. a bookstore! and have past and present books in there. I would like to see first ran copies of classics. I would never be able to afford one but it would be nice to see ya know.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!