Author Topic: 1st trip in 13 years - reflections.  (Read 3959 times)

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
1st trip in 13 years - reflections.
« on: August 12, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »
I'm 34 -- and started going to the park...oh I think when I was about 5 or so. We'd go every summer! We usually had season passes.

It's a shame I hadn't been in so long. I guess w/ getting married and working and having kids...time just got away.

But, we just went on Monday and Tuesday this week. Great time!

The first thing we did Monday morning? Fire in the Hole!

My 4 year old son rode it for his first time (my other son is 19 months and too small to ride most things). And, he wasn't afraid. I had shown him the ride on youtube. He also rode the Plunge. I'm glad we rode it on Monday, as I heard it was down on Tuesday.

Man was it hot.

It was really great to go to the park again.

How long has Huck's tree house been closed? I've been out of the loop. What about the Wilderness Water Boggan?

Now I'm going to find a Flooded Mine thread so I can talk at length about my favorite ride. I've ridden that thing so many times I can remember tiny details...

Does anyone have the music for the ride? I'm going to try to get it w/ my digital recorder next time I go down

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: 1st trip in 13 years - reflections.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »
I'm glad you had a great time! The treehouse has been boarded up for several years now. I know I went in there sometime in the last half-dozen or so years, but it's definitely been awhile. The waterboggan was taken down last winter, to my surprise.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 05:05:03 PM »
I think if you go to the SDC official Website, and click on the 50th anniversary celebration special website, you can download a ringtone with a short clip of the flooded mine song, the fire in the hole song, and the FITH "Red Flanders come in here and get your pants on" line. There is a clip of the intro to the Rube Dugan's Diving Bell ride, and some audio from SDC commercials you will like, too.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 05:53:44 AM »
Glad ya had'a good time even tho' it was HOT!!
Live life like it's the last day!

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 10:47:16 AM »
I think if you go to the SDC official Website, and click on the 50th anniversary celebration special website, you can download a ringtone with a short clip of the flooded mine song, the fire in the hole song, and the FITH "Red Flanders come in here and get your pants on" line. There is a clip of the intro to the Rube Dugan's Diving Bell ride, and some audio from SDC commercials you will like, too.

Awesome! I will happily download all of those!

I vaguely remember Rube Dugan's Diving Bell...I'm 34 now so I was a very young boy. I know it freaked out some relatives of ours from Germany who rode it and thought it was real. What year did they take it out? '81?

I also remember an advertisement for the water boggan on my milk carton at school when it was new.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 11:42:51 AM »
The diving bell was in operation 1977-1984. For more info on it, check out the park history section, and look for the "diving bell awesome" thread or the "diving bell photos" thread.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:47:15 PM »
Does anyone have the music for the ride? I'm going to try to get it w/ my digital recorder next time I go down

I am not trying plug any particular person, or video, but here is a YouTube video of the background music to The Flooded Mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or04gSRfwjo
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:47:47 PM by Ozark BBQ »

coalesce99

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »

I am not trying plug any particular person, or video, but here is a YouTube video of the background music to The Flooded Mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or04gSRfwjo

YES YES YES! Now it is mine! :) If anyone wants a copy PM me
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:55:28 PM by coalesce99 »