Author Topic: Midnight Madness park music  (Read 24653 times)

Copper

• Global Moderator
  • Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: Midnight Madness park music
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 05:41:04 PM »

I shal

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »

Will any of you join me?
Put your thoughts down into an email.
I will and I am doing this............. right now.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 06:01:30 PM »
Just sent an e-mail.  Keep yer fingers crossed!
I'm Your Huckleberry

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 10:24:25 PM »
I'm sending mine in too. 
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 10:49:21 PM »
Oh, the minute I got close enough in the queue to the PK station to hear YMCA blaring on the speakers, I already knew I was going to be writing a very long letter.

Now, speaking at the end of the day in the comfort of my home, I have even more to add to my complaint letter.

Hatfield McCoy

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 11:10:18 PM »
I guess the real answer is in the attendance during these few times that they "break" themeing.  Maybe the aim of those who are trying new things to draw a younger crowd...families with small children, etc. is to insure the ultimate survival of the park.  We must ask ourselves if we are willing to accept some changes to insure that the park survives the changes we are seeing in the industry.  Do we want things to stay the same and hope that there are enough of us around to keep the park going, or do we want the park to evolve and appeal to a whole new generation while trying to stay as close to its roots as possible?  My young nephews only want to go to parks for the latest and the greatest rides....they enjoy Kids Fest because it involves activities they can relate to...and they enjoy (to my horror) the music they play during MM.  I appreciate that all these things keep them wanting to go, because it does expose them to what the park is truly about.

1960's kids went to SDC and came back as adults because of the theme.  So did 70's, 80's and 90's.  In fact the park has grown tremendously.  I would suspect that a "if it ain't broke don't fix it", plan should be implemented, as I don't think that today's youth is much different.  The theme IS the park.  Lady Gags IS not. 

"Welcome to Silver Dollar City...You have a great past ahead of you.. sort of."

betamike

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Silver Dollar City Photo Group on Flickr
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 11:56:42 PM »

"Welcome to Silver Dollar City...You have a great past ahead of you.. sort of."

Ha!   Precisely!  Love it!
You've Got A Great Past Just Ahead Of You!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »
Despite not being able to avoid her (not at all attractive) face because she's all over the news, I wouldn't recognize a Lady Gaga song if it bit me.

But if it did bite me, I'd head straight to the E.R., because you know that thing's gotta be nasty.

Harp

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »
Sent my email.  Totally agree with tradition.  When I walk past the gates and here the bluegrass, it's like I take a deep breath and think " yeah, that's what I'm talking about"
very relaxing.  Other music does not belong and does not fit.
In my humble but very outspoken opinion.

Harp

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »
Oh yeah, bluegrass is the way to go at the city.  Other stuff...no thanks.  Except for Old Time Christmas of course. 
Vote to end 2020!

Harp

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2010, 03:42:54 PM »
Received this reply on the MM music.  Hey at least they are prompt, received just a few hours after my "complaint".

Harp

Thank you for your email . We are sorry to hear you were disappointed in the music played during our 3nd Annual Moonlight Madness special event. To clarify, Moonlight Madness was created in 2007 especially for families who wanted to experience our rides after dark. It is promoted as "Summer’s Last Blast" with an opportunity to "scream under the stars" and enjoy select shops and restaurants. Thus the reason for the "younger music". 

We are disappointed to hear that you were unaware of the theme to this special event and were expecting the park to be as it is during other festivals and in full operation. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know and will strive to do a better job of promoting these special events more clearly.

Sincerely,
Silver Dollar City Properties/Customer Service
2800 W Hwy 76
Branson, MO 65616 
1-888-455-1383

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2010, 04:16:18 PM »
Seriously?! We DO know the theme of the event and it does not at all mean they need "younger music."

What a bunch of bull.

Harp

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2010, 04:21:21 PM »
Yeah, kind of my impression too.  Corporate baloney.  But again they did respond...maybe enough feedback will get the suits attention.

Harp 

Tony from Tulsa

• Hatfield
  • Reaching tens of people with my music.
    • View Profile
    • http://soundcloud.com/tony-from-tulsa
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 04:41:54 PM »
Well, here's my two cents: SDC is an 1880's THEME park, with the THEME being 1880's pioneering and crafts. Nothing fits that THEME more than good ol' bluegrass music and there's no shortage of good bluegrass to choose from. If the suits want to try something new, I guess it's better to try new things at an after hours special event than during regular business hours. If I drove all the way there, paid admission, then heard the "Black Eyed Peas" softly blaring in the woods, I'd have to head straight for the corporate offices. SDC is what it is because it has remained true to it's roots for so long. In my Grandpas words: "Dance with the one that brung ya".
No matter where you go, there you are.