Author Topic: SDCFans Shop Coming Soon  (Read 7503 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
SDCFans Shop Coming Soon
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:21:18 PM »
Maybe a little late for Christmas, but I'll be opening a Cafe' press shop with a few t-shirt designs and a few assorted gimmicks soon. If Joy allows, some of the T-shirts will feature the design she came up with a while back, while the others will have a basic scrawly-text logo.

It's not like I need to raise money from the site or anything, I just thought it would be cool for us to have some threads so that one day, we just might see each other at the parks and recognize each other.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDCFans Shop Coming Soon
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 09:23:35 PM »
That'll be awesome! Feel more than free to use the design... Let me know if you need larger versions of it.

I'd love to have a shirt to wear while at SDC. Since I'm a finalist in that SDC Photo/Video contest, I'll have SDC season passes for next year, so I'm gonna try going as many times as possible next year, and it'd be awesome to have something with SDCfans.com on it.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 10:17:24 PM »
Update: I've been having trouble finding a good online store/ custom t-shirt company. My first couple of choices didn't work out, and the others I've checked out all require a certain number of items to be bought beforehand. I'll figure something out soon, but I'm having a super busy week right now to prepare for the holidays and everything. The good news is that after this week, I should have loads of time to get this, and many other things done.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 07:35:07 PM »
Well, I'm not sure if it's really what I want yet, but I've been testing out Zazzle lately.

Here's one option: http://www.zazzle.com/sdcfans_com_cowboy_shirt-235703214119729136

It's pretty interesting because of the way it allows you to take a design and choose what you want to do with it, but I have yet to see what level of quality these shirts are.

Keep in mind, I had to resize the image on this shirt to make it fit, so it probably will be somewhat blurry.

I'll see what else I can come up with later.

Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:10:42 PM »
First of all let me say I love the site and am a huge fan of SDC.  Been going to SDC since the early 70's as a kid and still make it there atleast once a year, even though we are 500 miles away.

The idea of a SDCFans shirt is awesome, however I was not pleased with the logo.  A little kiddie...not cool for a guy in my opinion.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 12:50:14 PM »

Keep in mind, I had to resize the image on this shirt to make it fit, so it probably will be somewhat blurry.

If you need a larger size, let me know; I made the logo in a HUGE size, so it can be downsized instead of blown up to fit whatever it's being put on. So, let me know what the size requirements are for Zazzle and I can give you the right size of logo.

And I'll agree with Doug, even on my own design... I do think I could try to come up with a second design so that there can be a larger variety of choices based on various people's tastes.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Doug

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 04:45:01 PM »
Since I complained about the logo I decided to try a crack at it...feel free to use or change (or completely discard).  Sent to your email.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
Thanks doug, it looks great.

Yeah, Joy's design isn't so much macho as it is fun, which a lot of people prefer. I'll whip up a few ideas myself over the weekend to expand the options a bit.

Zazzle tends to really distort any images that aren't 600-800 pixels or more, so if you make up a design, make it big - they're much easier to shrink than they are to enlargen.

Thanks guys.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 02:41:59 PM »
Can't wait to see your design, Doug!

Here's the original size of the cowboy logo:

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd129/sdc_joy/SDCFansLogoIdeas/SDCFansLogo_Cowboy_lrg.jpg

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 09:23:10 PM »
While the logo is cute... what does a cowboy have to do with SDC?  It would have worked wonderfully for Wild West World or even Ghost Town in the Sky.  ???
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 10:26:05 PM »
Meh, it's in the general ballpark.  ::) Besides, SDC has a few sheriffs running around that dress like cowboys.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 10:08:01 PM »
How about something more like this instead?  ???

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa109/Dustijn/random/sdcfans.jpg
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:10:32 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 10:28:39 PM »
Yeah, that could work.

I've got a few cool ideas myself, including a few plainer, more textual designs. I'll throw some of them in tomorrow, along with what everyone else has sent in.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 09:42:03 PM »
I've added both Swoosh and Doug's designs, but I don't have time to do any of mine yet.

Btw, I'm still concerned about the image quality after the images are distorted to fit the shirt. Anyone planning on buying a shirt may want to wait until after I buy one myself and check it out.