Author Topic: The Arkansas run begins!  (Read 3274 times)

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
  • Longing for the SDC "aura" once again!
    • View Profile
The Arkansas run begins!
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
Good afternoon, everyone!

Well...this is the stretch run to Arkansas for me. I have a lot of preparing, moving, inventory and tying up loose ends before I head for Arkansas this weekend. I dont know how much you'll see of me on here between now and after I get down there because a lot of time is about to be eaten up, but I will be getting library cards and will be on the internet from time to time while I am down there so I will be back on hopefully a fairly regular basis!

I also got married to my girlfriend/finacee over the weekend at the Truman Memorial Bldg. in Independence, Mo. on July 31. We wanted to be married before I left. I am going ahead of her to help my mother with my g'ma and I am going to start catalogging, starting inventory and delivering the donated materials I have received for the Quantrill project to the Gentry Library. Early next year, my wife and I hope to have our own place and start life anew in the Ozarks. Am praying to have season tickets to SDC for 2011, but that remains to be seen. You can donate to the "Andy wants season tickets to SDC" fund at this site! LOLOLOL!! Only kidding, gang!

This has been so much fun and I am glad you have enjoyed my lists and ideas. As I said before, this isnt goodbye, but for now I will be almost invisible until I get established down there and am able to get back online. I might be back on here a time or two before the weekend.

Junior, I think you'll get a kick out of the materials I am bringing and I am looking very forward to meeting you in the nearest future!

Thanks folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andy
Andymeets1880s

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
Re: The Arkansas run begins!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 12:41:47 PM »
Best of everything Andy!  And we all look forward to hearing from you next time.  If you happen to be going to SDC for southern Gospel Picnic, I will be there for the 26th and 27th of this month.  It'd be great to meet a fellow from Kansas City area.  god bless
Vote to end 2020!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 02:19:09 PM »
Sorry we weren't invited to the wedding.

Or was it a shotgun thing?

Anyway, congratulations and godspeed!  We'll catch you on the flip side.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 04:51:02 PM »
Best to you and your new wife! Don't get in too much of a rush, try to enjoy yourself as you make this big move. Gentry ain't KC...keep that in mind...but your work is there, and Rogers/Springdale/Fayetteville are just a short trip down the road for all the food and shopping and fun you want to do! Once you are settled and hooked back up on the Internet, send me a message and I'll come over to visit you at the library!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »
Thanks for your well wishes, folks!

Sure thing, Junior. I lived in Gentry from 82'-87'. Only difference now is that we have these new fangled gadgets to contact people with! Whatcha call this here "in-tear-net" :o :o :o

Andymeets1880s

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
Congrats Andy!!
Live life like it's the last day!

Andymeets1880s

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »
Well folks....I am sorry to say that I will be around for yet another week. My Arkansas trip has been set back a week, so I guess I will be a pest here for another week.  ;) ;) ;)
Andymeets1880s